Thread: hollywood & vine or brown derby?

Post Thanks / Like
    which would be best for a fantasmic package? hollywood seems to be much cheaper but havent seen any reviews

where is h&v anyway

Post Thanks / Like
    Hollywood and Vine is right next door to 50's Prime Time. It is a buffet place vs a sit down for Brown Derby. IMHO the best thing on the menu at Brown Derby is the Cobb Salad. It is a place that I think Disney should retire, much like its namesake in Hollywood has been. To me it just doesn't have the lustre that it did a few years back.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been to either. If I had to choose, I'd look at the menu, of course and go by what would appeal the most. Disney is one of the few places where I will eat at a buffet, so sometimes I choose those over a full service restaurant as the selection of food is greater. I like choices.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't choose either. I didn't care for the Hollywood and Vine buffet. And Brown Derby is way overpriced. I'd go with Mama Melrose.

Post Thanks / Like
    What didn't you like about the buffet Johnie?
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was too expensive for there not to be any characters. (There are characters at breakfast and lunch now). I was just unimpressed by the selection and the quality. Chef Mickey's is better.

Post Thanks / Like
    H&V dinner buffet isn't nearly as good as the one at Crystal Palace. Mostly lack of selection. They trade on Fantasmic, in my opinion.

Haven't tried Brown Derby. I dined at the original one for many years, so a replica doesn't hold much interest for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had two awesome meals at Brown Derby.

Post Thanks / Like
    H & V is not very nice. It was the worst meal of our holiday. I was so glad that we did not have to pay for it ( free DDP ) . Have not tried Brown Derby though.

Post Thanks / Like
    We've had some good meals in the Brown Derby and also some good value for money meals at H&V. Given a choice we'd opt for the Brown Derby.