Thread: has anyone tried the candlelight processional?

Post Thanks / Like
    i think its at epcot and looks good but cant really see much from the official pages

Post Thanks / Like
    We did this a couple of years back. You're right, it is at Epcot...in the American Gardens Theatre. A mass choir, joined by a 50-piece live orchestra and a celebrity narrator, tell the story of Christmas in words and music, in a very moving performance.

Performances take place each evening at 5:00pm, 6:45pm and 8:15pm

This years narrators.....
    November 28-30 John O'Hurley
    December 1-3 TBD
    December 4-6 Brian Stokes Mitchell
    December 7-9 Virginia Madsen
    December 10-12 Monique Coleman
    December 13-15 TBD
    December 16-18 Chita Rivera
    December 19-21 Abigail Breslin
    December 22-24 Steven Curtis Chapman
    December 25-27 Edward James Olmos
    December 28-30 Marlee Matlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Whenever we are at Disney during the Christmas holiday period this is a must do for us. We always get one of the dinner packages.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    This is usually very heavily attended so if you don't do the dinner package, prepare to stand on line for some time before the start of a given show. There is SRO at the back (outside the actual theatre seating) and it fills in many people deep too.

It's certainly worth seeing at least once, if you like the biblical version of the story. That is what it's all about. The reading from Luke that describes the first "Christmas."

I enjoy Marlee Matlan the most. She signs and an interpreter speaks for her.

Each presentation has a signer as well, I believe. They are the best part!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    it's my favourite christmas thing next to MVMCP - equal really. Christmas wouldn't be christmas without me playing the CD of it over and over again.

Post Thanks / Like
    I queued for over two hours in 2004 and was one of the last guests admitted to the theatre. Last year, I just listened from outside.

The dinner package doesn't appeal to me--I'm not much of a foodie.

Post Thanks / Like
    I enjoyed the candlelight processional and we did it as a dinner package at Le Cellier. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    We loved the candlelight processional!! I agree with Tink, Marlee Matlin is amazing to see. It's very moving...
    We bought the CD and listen to it many times over the Christmas holiday..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...