Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What could you not get enough of..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 44913
    Not even the white ones, Johnie? I thought they did? No matter. They are still too sweet for me. :(
    They have white Ding Dongs? I've never seen that. Maybe you are thinking of another cake? My mama would always carry those pink snowballs whenever we went on trips. I hated those things

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know? I thought Mama had some in the freezer. My little sister used to take them to school. There were the chocolate cream filled ones, and then the white with red jam ones. Maybe they stopped making those? My sister is older than you?

I LOATHE those disgusting snowballs! Oh gosh!!! They are terrible. There were those other cookies too, little plain cookie base with marshmallow wreath like shape piped on top, dunked in chocolate with a dot of jam in the center? EEEEEEEEEWWWWW! Mama used to get those for a treat! Never were a treat for me!

I'm not real big on purchased cookies unless it's original Oreos of course. :D

They have the most incredibly delicious homemade oatmeal raising cookies at the Polynesian concierge! I only ate one. :( (But I did eat one)! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    The big treat when I was little was getting to go to the Hostess Bakery Thrift store. We'd go and mom would tell me I could get anything I wanted (had to pack my lunch for school). I was in HEAVEN! I had such a sweet tooth when I was little. I had no idea it was a thrift store and could have cared less if I had known

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Every now and then Mama and her friend would go to a Tip Top bakery thrift store. :D I'm sure it no longer exists, and was only a northern thing. She's get loads of stuff too, and every now and then there would be those little chocolate pies. :D Now THOSE I liked, as long as the crust wasn't glazed. I liked the lemon ones too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie and I had a conversation not too long ago about bakery thrift stores! For some reason or another, my father referred to the one we went to as the "dirty bread store"..no clue where that came from..:rolleyes008: But I too would be allowed to choose whatever I wanted. It was like Christmas morning, as we didn't go that often..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to go to one in Ft. Myers. It can be a real budget stretcher!

There is a very small Pepperidge Farms thrift store in Altamonte Springs. I'd stop in every now and then and get some thing for the office when I worked in one. My co-workers would make short work of whatever I brought in.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine was orange ice pops, not an orange ice lolly.... that was not correct, had to be an ice pop. then later it was sweet and sour chicken.... boy that was an expensive time.

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    I honestly don't remember craving anything

I went off lots of things - like wine and coffee and spicy things - stuff I normally enjoy very much. It was my sudden inability to drink coffee that sent me to the doctor - no, you're not sick, you're pregnant!

Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my.... those Ding Dongs deffo need a tasting from me.... where can I get them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Whats a 'thrift store'?
    Tink, those biscuit based marshmallows are called teacakes in england? They are lovely if we are talking about the same thing:
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast