Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Coral reef anygood?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    247
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the coral reef restaurant at epcot any good?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's one I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back to. They didn't bring our appetiser out before bringing out the entree! and when we complained, brought it all out at once - there isn't enough room on those tables for two courses at once!

    I was quite underwhelmed really. It might have been better if we'd had a table closer to the tank, but I found it crowded, noisy and dark!

    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

  3. #3
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,261
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've not eaten there in ages, but didn't have the best experience either. One of the odder things was that the bread served at the beginning of the meal was horrid. It tasted terrible and was actually inedible.

    I was not impressed by the quality of the seafood we ordered. It was not fresh and that for me is terrible for a seafood restaurant.

    For the price, we haven't been back.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first time we had dinner there a few years ago we thought it was great. The food was fine even though it felt kinda strange eating fish when their relatives were watching you eat from their aquarium!
    We went again a couple of years ago and we thought that the standards had certainly dropped and we won`t be in a hurry to eat there again until we hear more favourable reports.





  5. #5
    Administrator keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    21,099
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 43361
    The first time we had dinner there a few years ago we thought it was great. The food was fine even though it felt kinda strange eating fish when their relatives were watching you eat from their aquarium!
    We went again a couple of years ago and we thought that the standards had certainly dropped and we won`t be in a hurry to eat there again until we hear more favourable reports.
    hmm gulp we've never eaten there but have it booked for a "new experience" in december. Sounds like it may be a new experience we don't enjoy
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com







  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,884
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 43365
    hmm gulp we've never eaten there but have it booked for a "new experience" in december. Sounds like it may be a new experience we don't enjoy
    You never know Keith, things may have improved by now....we haven`t been for a couple of years as I said
    Maybe you and Helen will be the ones to furnish that "good report" I am waiting for!





  7. #7
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    We ate there last Thanksgiving and it was less than stellar. Long wait, food was ok at best, not worth the wait though. We ate there on our first trip and it was a lot better, or is my memory fading.....:shocked025:

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    13,475
    Post Thanks / Like
    won't go back there!

    I had an episode which left me not wanting to back to CR any time soon....or later!
    I had asked for my meal which was pork to come plain with no sauce and the meat well done.
    When it came, it had no sauce apart from the blood leeking out of my pork when I cut into it.
    I sent it back to be cooked well. When I got it back, I got a fresh piece of meat that was cooked well but covered in sauce :rolleyes008:
    I grudgingly sent it back again as I couldn't eat it. When it came back the third time....it was my original piece of pork that I had cut into first time, well cooked and with no sauce. BUT.....I couldn't eat it because I was wondering if they had rescued that original piece from the trash!

  9. #9
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    16,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kazzaqld, post: 43329
    It's one I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back to. They didn't bring our appetiser out before bringing out the entree! and when we complained, brought it all out at once - there isn't enough room on those tables for two courses at once!

    I was quite underwhelmed really. It might have been better if we'd had a table closer to the tank, but I found it crowded, noisy and dark!

    I was there with Karen. They also lost our reservation! They couldn't find it under any of our names or phone numbers. They were going to seat us but we'd have to wait 2 hours :rolleyes008: Alysia walked out to the car and got my ADR list and then they magically found us. Our table as horrible. We were at the very top of the restaurant and could barely see the tank. I wasn't impressed at all.












    I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

  10. #10
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnie, post: 43440
    I was there with Karen. They also lost our reservation! They couldn't find it under any of our names or phone numbers. They were going to seat us but we'd have to wait 2 hours :rolleyes008: Alysia walked out to the car and got my ADR list and then they magically found us. Our table as horrible. We were at the very top of the restaurant and could barely see the tank. I wasn't impressed at all.
    Sounds like we were there the same night!!:p015: We really might have, was that on the November trip Johnie?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •