Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Staten island or Queens

Post Thanks / Like
    No. You need a ferry. Staten Island is just that, an Island (it's not just a place name, I mean). You can get a subway to the Staten Island terminal area, and then take the ferry.

With four of you, it will be fine. There are maps of the routes at each subway location.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 43534
    No. You need a ferry. Staten Island is just that, an Island (it's not just a place name, I mean). You can get a subway to the Staten Island terminal area, and then take the ferry.

With four of you, it will be fine. There are maps of the routes at each subway location.
    Thanks for all the info tink. You are very kind

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! You are welcome! I just want you to have a great time in NYC.

You know there is a Journey very close to WDW now? Could you wait until you come here to visit that shop?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's a bit of a different shop, Tink...Justice is like a Limited Too (if you know what that is?) It's a little girls clothing store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that's what they have here. It's a little girls clothing shop. It's in the new Winter Garden Village shops.

Post Thanks / Like
    OOOOOOOH? Really? The shop we have here called "Journey" (or is it "JourneyS") is a shoe store. Hmmmmm...guess I may have to make a stop in on our next trip!!! Baleigh loves those sorts of stores! Thanks Tink!

Post Thanks / Like
    They do really trendy wearable clothes for girls which are ideal for Beth. She can not wear zip trousers and needs elasticated waist. I did order over the phone but my order got lost in the post. I gave up and got our money back. So my plan is to hit it hard :p015: whilst in New York.
    I have worked out its 7.1 miles from the ferry terminal on Staten Island. I know the subway will be cheaper but in case we can not get to grips with the subway, do you think this will cost a lot in a cab.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops, sorry! I did write Journey when I meant Justice. Journey is a shoe store. Justice is the place for little girls.

7 miles in a cab is going to be pretty pricey. There isn't a subway to bring you closer to the terminal? DON'T take the BUS!!! I love, adore and am passionate about NYC, but would never, ever get on one of the public transit buses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 43560
    Ooops, sorry! I did write Journey when I meant Justice. Journey is a shoe store. Justice is the place for little girls.

7 miles in a cab is going to be pretty pricey. There isn't a subway to bring you closer to the terminal? DON'T take the BUS!!! I love, adore and am passionate about NYC, but would never, ever get on one of the public transit buses.
    Will check out the subway again, its very confusing. Oh will stay away from the buses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 43560
    Now see here!! I want my five minutes back that I've spent googling "Journey Girls Clothing" hehehehehe (Guess that serves me right for googling while I should be working )

DON'T take the BUS!!! I love, adore and am passionate about NYC, but would never, ever get on one of the public transit buses.
    Agreed, agreed, agreed, agreed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast