Thread: Keeping kids occupied on long flights?

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do? games? videos? gameboys? has anyone ever been told off because their kids were crying or anything

Post Thanks / Like
    nah - orlando flights are all about kids - ours have always been great despite our paranoid and the 9 /12 hour flight - the films and back of seat TV's keep them amused - we pack a raft of puzzle books and the DS - and buy a coouple of sticker books etc - what with the meals and that the time seems to pass just fine. there are so many kids on the flight it simply hasn't been an issue for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 43796
    nah - orlando flights are all about kids - ours have always been great despite our paranoid and the 9 /12 hour flight - the films and back of seat TV's keep them amused - we pack a raft of puzzle books and the DS - and buy a coouple of sticker books etc - what with the meals and that the time seems to pass just fine. there are so many kids on the flight it simply hasn't been an issue for us
    Exactly the same for us - the first time I was really worried about it especially as DD was only 2 at the time, but they have always been fine, even when we were delayed sitting on the plane for 3 hours once :rolleyes008: I don;t even bother with the NDS's, I take a couple of comics, puzzle books etc. I do worry about the entertainment system not working though as that nearly happened to us last year :( My DS spends the whole time waiting for the next lot of food!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine are happy watching the little map

They are just so happy to be going to see mickey :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Duct tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 43812
    Duct tape.
    DAWN....you stole my suggestion!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've only traveled with Lexie and she was 9 last year and well able to keep herself occupiied. She had a book, paper and coloured pencils that kept her occupied for the five-hour flight. I also brought some things for her--a word search book and coloured pens. We fly Southwest--provide your own entertaniment. Lexie also has been flying since she was two months old, and always well-behaved.

Troy was fourteen weeks old and was fine as long as he was dry, fed and cuddled. :) We only heard one peep out of him when we hit turbulance. Same reaction as everyone!