Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG Police at my door!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have just seen a police car pull up outside thehouse and made the usual joke about them finding me when the policewoman came to my door.

My heart missed a beat and i felt sick as Jack is out at his friends.

My legs went to jelly as i opened the door and she gave me the usual 'there's nothing to worry about'.

It turns out that my neighbour's flat was broken into on Monday night/Tuesday morning and she was just doing a house to house.

Apparently they had cars and sniffer dogs up here right outside my window and i slept through the lot.

Whoever is staying in the flat(as far as i know the neighbours who own it are away as their car and caravan aren't outside) had gone to bed and left the door unlocked.They woke to find someone else in the flat.

It's a bit of a worry being on my own with the kids and i will be double checking all the doors and windows are locked before i go to bed.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's scary. I would have slept right through the whole thing as well.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    omg !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear.....yes, you must check your windows and doors before you head of to bed at night. I even lock the doors through the day when I'm in the house!

I have a friend who was awoken through the night when her dog was barking non stop. She shouted at the dog to shut up....and again when it was barking and growling a few minutes later she shouted at it to be quiet.
    Two policemen woke her up at 6am in the morning to let her know she had been broken into!

Post Thanks / Like
    I also lock the doors when i am indoors Diane.

It's a habit i have had for a long time.My vsitors quite often find they are locked in when they try to leave.

I will just double check the double checking now.

Post Thanks / Like

I lock everything and annoy guests to no end, as well, DB. It's locked when I'm home and locked when I'm not!

We used to joke and call this the house of doors--four exterior doors, plus a gazillion interior doors! It's really fun checking all the doors and windows just before leaving on a WDW trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good heavens you must have been terrified for Jack until she told you what was going on. I'm really sorry that this happened! Good that you lock your doors regularly.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Points to DB... it was her officer... I saw her..................

Post Thanks / Like
    oh thats awful - can just imagine what it was like with them knocking at your door - amazing how quick the mind comes up with scary scenarios isn't it

Post Thanks / Like

I can vouch that she locks her visitors in. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast