Thread: Dive Quest

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband will finally get to scuba dive on this trip. Has anyone else done this before? Do you have any suggestions or tips? Everytime we go to WDW he has mentioned about wanting to go so for his birthday he finally got it as a present. I think my kids are nervous that he will be shark food. :cake1:

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, I'll think he'll have a brilliant time :p015:
    I know it's a silly question so forgive me for asking but.....your DH does have a SCUBA certificate doesn't he?
    He won't be in any danger....you're about 40 minutes in the water doing the actual dive and the other couple of hours are taken up with safety talks and what he's going to be seeing once he's in the water.....sharks, turtles and rays along with the tropical fish. You get to tour the aquarium from above too which must be pretty amazing.

Your DH will get a free t/shirt which I'm sure he'll wear with pride :p015:

Oh...the water is pretty cold

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he is certified. That's why he has been bugging me about it for ten years. :0)

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneywishmom, post: 44651
    Yes he is certified. That's why he has been bugging me about it for ten years. :0)
    Well.....he's waited so long, he's got to love it
    Are you going to be waiting at the window of the aquarium with a camcorder/camera?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe you can do the Dive Quest unless you are a certified scuba diver.

There is the Dolphin one too. That is really nice, and you don't need a certification. You must be over 16 though.

The reef is the largest man made reef! There are sharks, but not the size that would be taking tastes of the guests. :o Plus, they are very acclimated to humans by now. There are divers in that tank nearly all the time.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We do plan to watch and take pics. I read in one of the reviews that if the diver goes over to the window where their family is then the camera man within the tank will take video of that too. We will see. DH is very excited! My parents will be with us for the first time too so I think it will definately be a lasting memory.

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneywishmom, post: 44695
    We do plan to watch and take pics. I read in one of the reviews that if the diver goes over to the window where their family is then the camera man within the tank will take video of that too. We will see. DH is very excited! My parents will be with us for the first time too so I think it will definately be a lasting memory.
    Oh yes....definately one to remember

Maybe you/your DH could do a review or trip report of the experience? Photos would be great for the forum to :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if it is allowed, but there are disposable cameras that can be used underwater. If possible would your DH like to take one down with him? Imagine the photos he could get!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 44762
    I don't know if it is allowed, but there are disposable cameras that can be used underwater. If possible would your DH like to take one down with him? Imagine the photos he could get!
    Tink....unfortunately, there are no cameras or camcorders allowed :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Oohhhh, that's too bad. :(