1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 day ticket

Discussion in 'Tickets, Offers and Discounts' started by Rochelle Cooper, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Rochelle Cooper

Rochelle Cooper Earning my ears

i am travelling to florida from the UK in November and only have 3 days spare to spend at disney. i have looked at several sites but there only seems to be a very small saving when purchasing a 3 day pass. should i go ahead and buy the pass or just pay at the gate.

2. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

Hi and welcome to Secrets :)

You can pick up a Disney's 5 or 7-Day Premium Ticket, which gives you 5 or 7 days of unlimited access to:

4 Walt Disney World theme parks

Plus 5 total admissions to your choice of:

• 2 Walt Disney World water parks
    • Disney's Wide World of Sports Complex
    • DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive theme park
    • Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course

This will cost you around £225 today.

If you decided to buy your ticket on the day at one of the booths at a park, then you would buy a Magic Your Way Ticket.

With the Magic Your Way ticket there are several options:

Option 1

You can purchase a single day Magic your Way Base Ticket at the gate for $90.53. This will allow you to enter either Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios or Animal Kingdom on that day.

You would be able to say, go to Epcot in the morning, have a break and re-enter Epcot later in the day. What you can't do with just a base ticket is, for example, go to the Magic Kingdom in the morning and then Animal Kingdom in the afternoon.

Option 2

You purchase you single day Base Ticket and then you add the Park Hopper Option.

This will let you come and go as you please through any or all of the four major Walt Disney World theme parks, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Extra cost on top of the base price ticket is $37.28 with tax for 1 day.

So, a one day park hopper ticket would be $127.81

Option 3

You buy a 3 day day Magic your Way Base Ticket at the gate for $247.48 but you will only be able to visit on park a day as in Option 1 above.

Option 4

You buy a 3 day day Magic your Way Base Ticket at the gate and then add the park hopper option which is $58.58 with tax for 2 days or more. The same rules apply as Option 2 above.

This ticket would cost you $306.06 for 3 days access to the parks which is what you need.

None of these prices include the water parks.

Working it out on a $1.50 exchange rate (as it is fluctuating like mad :lol:) a single day one park ticket will cost £60.35, a single day hopper is £82.20, a 3 day one park is £164.99 or a 3 day ticket hopper will cost $204.04.

It's a really difficult decision to make :sigh: a 5 or 7 day ticket bought in the UK, will cost you £225 and give you access to more than a base or hopper ticket bought at the gate.

The exchange rate can change so it may be that when you go there is a better rate.

If you decide to go for the 3 day base or hopper, then this will expire 3 days after you first use it. So you wouldn't be able to have a day off in between with the UK ticket it expires 5 or 7 days after you first use it, so you could do alternate days if you wanted to.

Sorry this is long and drawn out and I hope it's clear, I knew what I wanted to say to explain, but couldn't think of a shorter way :anxious: :lol: :lol:

3. Rochelle Cooper

Rochelle Cooper Earning my ears

thanks for your help. i think i will probably just go for a basic 3 day ticket at the gate as it is 3 consecutive days that i am visiting. it seems to be the cheapest option.

4. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

You're more than welcome :)

It would be the cheaper option :yes: do you know which parks you would like to visit?