Discussion in 'Walt Disney World Trip Reports and Itineraries' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 15, 2008.
I sooo can't wait
I so wish I could be with you all . Next Time !!!
But I'll still with you .
Part 22 - On the sofa planning! 180 days to go
Having the next 3 months off recovering is going to mean that i have LOADS of time for planning.
Jack and i sat on the sofa last night and had a little planning session.
We came up with another rough itinerary.We consulted the planning guides for busy days (although some busy days we just can't avoid!) and had a look at menus to try and decide on ADRs.
It is all very dependant on park hours (not that they should make much difference) and if we actually get the free dining offered.If we don't have free dining we will only be able to do a couple of table service meals.
This is what we have pencilled in so far
11th Seaworld - Dine with Shamu
12th Busch Gardens - Jungala tour
14th I Drive day - Helicopter/Titanic/Magic Show/Ripleys
17th Seaworld - Shark dive for kids
19th RPR for US
21st US/IOA transfer to POP Ohana for dinner
22nd DHS - 50's Prime Time (?)
23rd AK - Boma dinner (?)
24th Epcot - Le Cellier (?)
25th Blizzard Beach - 1900 Park Fare (?)
26th Magic Kingdom - Crystal Palace breakfast
27th Typhoon Lagoon - Cape May Buffet(?)
28th Water Park & DTD (?) - Ohana breakfast (?)
29th AK/DHS/Epcot - ? dinner/lunch
30th MK - CRT dinner
Looks good, but just so you know Diane's classes at the university start on the 31st and she has to leave on Sunday. So, I'm thinking that I may call Disney and back our trip up one day. So instead of coming in on Wed. we'd fly in on Tuesday and leave Sunday instead of Monday.
Which means that we'd miss CRT for your birthday Can we switch your birthday celebration maybe
The only reason i chose to do CRT on the Sunday was i wanted to finish off our holiday with fireworks at MK.
However as we have park hopper tickets and the day before is a park hop day there is no reason why we can't end up at MK on the 29th for CRT and fireworks and still do MK on our last day.
We would get 2 lots of Wishes then on Saturday and Sunday and can choose somewhere else in MK to have our last meal.
None of the plans for 29th were definite anyway and we hadn't chosen a TS restaurant so a little change would work.
As long as i spend my last day at MK and see Wishes i don't care!
The problem we are going to have with booking CRT is the paying up front for a large group.How does it work if you have free dining?
We need Johnie or Val to answer that one
I wish they would hurry up and announce free dining for the UK so that we'd all know for sure what you are doing when.
I'm so looking forward to this trip
It's the US free dining i am waiting for hun as we already have our park tickets.
If i book through the UK i have to buy length of stay tickets but with the US only a 1 day base ticket.
Now I get it Well then have Johnie tell them to hurry up and offer it already
With the prepaid meals, you just tell them you are on the dining plan and they are ok with it. You do have to give your credit card info in case you don't show up or cancel within the appropriate amount of time.
We only have 90 days to work out when to book for and who will be there!
Part 23 - A Dilemma!
Have been browsing and playing with dates to book RPR for our stay and have come across a dilemma.
We have already booked our I-Drive hotel for 9 nights for Â£290.
We are then going to RPR for 2 nights.The cost at the moment is $438 plus tax.Roughly Â£310 at exchange rate of 1.5
Have just been on netflights.com and played with dates to find that we could book 7 nights for Â£332!
Do i :-
A)Book it and just not stay on I-Drive for the other 5 nights we have booked.
B)Stop being gredy and hope that we get a good rate for the 2 nights
C)Hope that we can reduce the hotel from 9 to 4 nights or cancel and rebook.
However if we have to pay a fee to cancel or amend it will cost more.
I'm thinking it's a bit of a no brainer as it's only costing a few Â£ more for an extra 5 nights.Shame we already have I-Drive booked.
Will ring Val tomorrow and see what she says but wanted your opinions too.
Has anyone ever booked with netflights.com before?
For Â£50 more for 5 more nights I would jus book and hope I could cancel I-Drive if I couldn't then no real big deal.
If you book with net flights do you get an actual confirmation from the hotel?
Not sure Lisa that's why i'm a bit hesitant.
Loads of people on another site seem to have booked tonight as the price is so good.
They are ABTA and ATOL bonded so if i book with a CC should be ok.
that makes it more reassuring
I need to speak to Val first as i have everything else booked with her.
The offer is on for a while so should still be there in the morning!
that sounds like a brilliant deal - have you got passes for universal for all that time?
We got a 7 day 2 park pass each when it was on offer for $79.99 last year!
The day we would have to transfer is a day we had pencilled in for a pool day so it's perfect.
Then we can go in to the parks as and when we want even if just for a couple of hours.
fingers crossed you can cancel the other one
Part 24 - I did it! 179 days to go
I've been playing with dates and itinerary all day and got myself quite stressed.
I've had a friend here and we've been going through all the options.
I couldn't decide whether to book RPR from 14th - 21st checking out the day were oringinally going to and just not use the I-Drive hotel for the last few night or
Check in to RPR a day or 2 later so as to get more out of the I-Drive hotel which we have already paid for but which meant losing a couple of Disney nights and having to mess about with the itinerary.However this would have meany paying 2 nights less hotal at Disney but meant that we would have to cram everything into a shorter time.
Or did i just stick to the original plan as i was intending to pay about Â£300 for just the 2 nights at RPR anyway!!!
What did i do......?
I booked RPR for 14th - 21st August.
It fits into our existing itinerary as the day we check in there was an I-Drive/relax day anyway.We just follow the 'programme' from RPR instead of I-Drive.
We can then use our 7 day US pass to go in for a couple of hours in the evening if we want to.
We will stop on I-drive to eat on the way back from parks as we would have done anyway but get the benefits of a 5* hotel and extra time in US/IOA.
I'm so excited but i can't jump up and down.
I know it is a shame to waste the room we have paid for on I-Drive but as i have got 7 nights at RPR for not much more than the cost i was going to be paying for 2 nights i don't think we have really lost out.
Separate names with a comma.