1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids & A 40th at MY Castle Pre Trippie

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle – Pre Trippie

Part 1 - Introduction 447 Days to go.
    It’s me again!!!!

After the huge success of my trip report I’m back again to plan the next one with you.
    I’m going to do this Blog styly a la Jodie and share all my planning, ideas and new things I find in my research!!!

Let me introduce us all again.

Me – DB – Teresa 40 in November but celebrating early in WDW. Planner, payer and lover of all things Disney since the day I was born.

Robyn – DD – 15 (at time of trip) My angel, my best friend and an absolute star. So sensible but allows herself to be a child when in Disney and loves Tinkerbell.

Jack – DS – 13 (at time of trip) My baby. Typical boy. Always late in and lover of Stitch. Gets the most excited of all of us and loves to help with the planning. Not planning on getting lost this time!

Anyway most of you know us so I’ll get on.

Usually when we return from Disney I am an absolutes wreck, suffering with the Disney blues and am inconsolable for weeks.
    However when we returned in 2007 I promised the kids we were going back in 2009 so I knew I had another trip coming and was actually on a high.

We spent weeks uploading all the photos, ordering photopass cd’s, movies, books and putting the 7 hours of tape onto DVD’s. Jack used Windows Movie Maker and added music and transitions and they are fab!!!!

All thoughts of Florida were fading as Christmas approached and the chaos of presents and trees took over. I had something else to be excited about and boy do I get excited about Christmas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The kids had more surprises as I’d managed to get them a Wii which I saved until Boxing Day morning. Jack had a new LCD TV for his room (you may remember my bargain from Asda) and Robyn had an Ipod Nano that she was desperate for.

[​IMG]

On New Year’s Eve I promised the kids that in 2008 we would be booking for Disney and thoughts soon returned to planning………..
  2. Dizneyblonde

Sorry photos are big but i can't get into photobucket to resize them!
  3. Dizneyblonde

Part 2 - How To Pay & When To Go!!!

The 2007 trip had been paid for with money that I’d come out of my divorce with and an insurance payout that was due as well as an interest free credit card courtesy of M&S. We did everything and had everything on the trip and it cost a fortune!!!!!

I knew we would go back in 2009 I just didn’t know how I was going to pay for it!!!!
    I’d finished paying of the CC so it was a case of budgeting and borrowing from the kids savings accounts, which I could pay back on our return, any money we couldn’t save before the trip.
    We are also going to ask for $ and tickets for Christmas this year.
    We toyed with the idea of leaving it until 2010 but celebrated my 41st just wouldn’t have been the same. That’s the year that DD takes her GCSE’s too so we’d want to be at home for the results and by then the kids would have been too old to share a room at 16 and 14.
    We talked and talked about what to do but still came back to it being 2009. Having always booked a package before I wanted to give it a go booking DIY this time (in the hope of saving money) and started to look into costs of flights etc.
    I popped into our local TA and told them of my plans before Christmas and they said I’d have to wait until April time to be able to book.
    I priced up lots of alternatives as a guide for 2008 but was still none the wiser of what it would cost in 2009!!!!

Robyn’s 14th came and went and we were still talking about what to do. I was making myself sick wondering how I would pay for it if I booked again.

[​IMG]

Anyway we went off to Spain for February half term to visit my Uncle and being on a plane got us all excited about Florida again.

On our return I decided to PM Val (Cinder’s Mum) with our plans to see what she could come up with. We had decided a Fly Drive was our best bet as there was no way I could wait until September to book flights only but there was no way I wanted to drive. Plus with the moving around we wanted to do and the free dining we were hoping to get a package was out of the question.

Val came back to me with a price to compare with others that I’d had so I gave her a ring to discuss my options and concerns (and I had a few!!)
    We spent nearly 2 hours talking about not picking up the car, free dining, ADR’s, Virgin V Room, transfers, RPR and various dates.
    I knew I wanted to go as late as possible in August for 3 weeks but had to be back in time for a day at home before going back to school/work. I couldn’t even find out when this was going to be because County don’t decide on the school holiday dates until June!

We discussed the price difference between 6th-27th and 10th-31st August and the merits of the different things we wanted to do in those dates.
    Val knew I was still unsure about committing to booking so she told me to sleep on it and let her know.
    I didn’t sleep a wink that night and as soon as I got home from work the next day I rang her again.

I had decided we were definitely going on 10th August but was unsure of the start date for free dining.
    We already have our Disney 5 day tickets (due to Virgin cock ups last year) so I also knew we would have to book our Disney hotel through the American site to get DDP as you only have to buy a one day ticket with them.
    My main concern was when the free dining would start if I booked through the American site as it is usually later than the British are offered it.

Are you still with me?

We did a bit of research and decided that we would take a chance and book the holiday for 10th -31st August 2009.
    9 nights on I-Drive (Hotel undecided)
    2 nights RPR
    10 nights Disney Moderate hopefully with free dining.

So I paid my deposit and that was that!!!!! All with Virgin’s V Room thrown in for free and a promise that when the main brochure came out the price would not be cheaper so we couldn’t lose!!!

Val was fantastic and very patient with all my indecision and questions, she is such a star.

April arrived and it was time for next year’s free dining to be announced for the American Disney site. Our calculations had been correct and if the dates follow we should have 2 days onsite next year before our free dining kicks in but I can live with that!
    Another thing we realised was that I could now get free dining with the US site even if we booked for a Value Resort.
    All thoughts of POR were soon forgotten and lots of research into POP Century began saving me about £400-£450 in the process. Result!!!!!
  4. Dizneyblonde

Part 3 - Some Planning!

The kids and I had a few planning meetings and decide on what ADR’s we want to do if we are lucky enough to get it and a rough draft of an itinerary was made.

Here’s what we have decided so far – all subject to change a fair few times before we go!!!!

ADR’s (we should get 8 TS credits each)

CRT – Lunch 2 credits
    50’s prime Time – Dinner
    Coral Reef – Dinner
    Crystal Palace – Breakfast OOP
    1900 Park Fayre – Dinner
    Ohana – Breakfast
    Planet Hollywood – Dinner
    Le Cellier – Dinner

Rough itinerary

Sun 9th – Travel to Gatwick overnite stay
    Mon 10th - Fly to Orlando
    Tues 11th - Seaworld
    Wed 12th - Kennedy Space Center (?)
    Thurs 13th - Aquatica
    Fri 14th - Seaworld <-----------------------} Might swap these 2 around
    Sat 15th – Shopping/I-Drive/Pool day
    Sun 16th - Discovery Cove
    Mon 17th - Busch Gardens <----------------}
    Tues 18th - Aquatica
    Wed 19th - Move to RPR - IOA
    Thurs 20th - Universal Studios
    Fri 21st - IOA/US again then transfer to Disney unpack then DTD for evening
    Sat 22nd - Animal Kingdom
    Sun 23rd - Hollywood Studios 50’s Prime Time
    Mon 24th - Epcot Coral Reef Illuminations
    Tues 25th - Blizzard Beach
    Wed 26th - Magic Kingdom Crystal Palace 1900 Park Fare Wishes
    Thurs 27th - Typhoon Lagoon Ohana
    Fri 28th – Water Park and DTD Planet Hollywood
    Sat 29th – AK, Epcot, HS Le Cellier
    Sun 30th - Last day so MK CRT
    Mon 31st - Fly home
    Tues 1st – Arrive home
  5. Dizneyblonde

Part 4 - Tickets & More Planning

Tickets

5 Day MYW Disney tickets (already got)
    1 Day Disney ticket to qualify for free dining
    2 park 7 day Universal ticket
    Discovery Cove Ultimate – including SW, Aquatica and BG

Extras we want to do
    Grand Floridian Photo Shoot
    Dine with Shamu
    Kennedy Space Center
    Blue Man Group

New things since last visit
    Block Party Bash
    Toy Story Mania
    Haunted Mansion (in rehab last time)
    1900 Park Fayre
    Le Cellier
    Simpsons Ride
    Aquatica

Itinerary cards and sheet have been started but all that have been added so far are pictures!!!

Nothing can be booked now until August when we have to decide on the I-Drive hotel and we should be able to book RPR.

So until then i will just share my planning and findings with you all. :)
  6. Dizneyblonde

Part 5 - Did You Know?

Was reading the Florida 'bible' last night (A Brit's Guide To Orlando and Disneyworld) and found out a few things we either want to try next year or that we just didn't know.

I didn't know that you could get a boat from MK to Fort Wilderness and have the Trail's End Buffet for $10.99 per adult.
    I also didn't know that you can meet Woody and friends at the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon.

We have decided we'd like to try the Tchoup Chop restaurant at RPR during our stay at Universal.
    Bahama Breeze on I-Drive
    A kitchen sink at Boardwalk (walking through International Gateway at UK pavilion in Epcot - Still never seen it!)

I've also been looking at the Wyndam Orlando Resort for our stay on I-Drive but i think it will work out too expensive as we want to save the pennies for Disney!

Also thought i'd finish each update with a bit of Disney trivia :-

Did you know that there are more than 20,000 different colours of paint used in WDW?
  7. Dizneyblonde

Part 6 - Holiday Weight Loss!!!

446 Days to go

Had my gym induction after work tonight.

Before my divorce when i didn't have to work and look after 2 kids and a house on my own i used to go to the gym every day at lunchtime.
    Since going back to work i've gone from going every day to not going at all and using every excuse going as to why!!! I was a 10/12 and am now a 16/18 :blush::eek:mg:

I've decided enough is enough and have set myself a target of 38lbs to lose through regular exercise and less rubbish food!!!

I'll keep you informed of my progress.......if you are interested! :D

Did you know that the windows in the Coral Reef restaurant are 18 feet high, 8 inches thick and made of acrylic?
  8. Dizneyblonde

Part 7 - First Surprise

441 days to go

Was at Mum and Dad's yesterday for some parantal guidance and a 'Dad' cuddle and for some reason we started talking about Christmas.

Well to cut a long story short i said i didn't want anything for Christmas this year and my Dad said 'yippee'!!!!

I went on to explain that i'd like to take the kids to see ****************** while we are on holiday next year and they have said that they will pay for it for Christmas for us.

I will book it as soon as dates are available for next August and surprise the kids with it on Christmas day!

Did you know that 3,000,000 chocolate Mickey Bar ice creams are sold every year at WDW?

I have one on every day or our Disney visit!!!!!
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2008
  9. Dizneyblonde

Part 8 - Scrapbooking last years pics

Here's a few pages of my scrap booking album with last years photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  10. Dizneyblonde

and a few more....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And i'll leave you with....

Did you know that Walt Disney only attended one year of high school?
  11. Dizneyblonde

Part 9 - What a find!!!!

Went shopping with Jack yesterday and came across these

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

in our local 'cheap shop' for 50p a packet.

There are 8 cards and 8 envelopes and i thought i could use them for mousekeeping envelopes.

We had the last packet yesterday but went back today and they had some more so got another 4 packets!!!!

Did you know the 2 marble doors at the queue entrance of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster are decorated with 3,536 real coloured marbles.Anyone want a game?
  12. Dizneyblonde

Part 10 - All Tickets Booked!

Not been a great week.(long story won't bore you) so i decided to book some tickets today as i'd seen that they were available to book for 2009 on another thread.

Already have Disney tickets from Virgin after they messed up last year's booking.

Today i booked us the Discovery Cove Ultimate ticket for 16th August 2009 with 14 days entry to BG,AQ,and SW included.
    ATD pricematched Floridatix so i got them for £186 each.
    Paid a 20% deposit and pay the rest 6 weeks before we go.
    They also have a price promise to match the price if it drops between now and then.

Also went on the Universal website to book our unlimited 7 day tickets for US/IOA.
    When i looked a few weeks ago they were $79.99 but have gone up to $89.99 so i thought i'd get them before they go up again.
    They send you an e-mail with a pdf file attached so i have printed out my actual tickets to take with me!!!!

So that's it all tickets booked.
    All we need is hotels now!!!!

Did you know it would take one person, eating 2 hamburgers at every meal, 4,109 years and 215 days to eat the number of hamburgers served ar WDW each year?!
  13. Dizneyblonde

Part 11 - Weight Loss Update

Only a little update but i've lost 7lb on my first week of dieting.

Still a long way to go though!!

Did you know the difference in temperature between the hot and cold rooms in Test Track is 100F!
  14. Wendy

Wendy A hui hou kakou makuakane Staff Member Administrator

CONGRATULATIONS :bravo1: :champers2: on the loss :hug2:

You put your heart and sole into the planning Teresa :hug2:

I take bits and pieces up to them each time I see them to add to their folders I bought them for Christmas. Nothing at all like this.
  15. Dizneyblonde

Part 12 - Weight Loss Update

Weight loss is now up to 15lb although the Kitchen Sink weekend and seing off sick this week will probably affect that!!!
    I want to lose at least another 2 stone before we go but at least i have plenty of time to do it.

Just getting a bit frustrated i can't book anything else yet!!

Did you know that if you count all the Dalmations in the 101 Dalmations section of All Star Movies Resort(including all the puppies and large Perdita and Pongo) you will get exactly 101?
    Anyone want to check?
  16. Shellyamc

Shellyamc Serious Forum Regular

:smiley4:What an amazing report!!!!

I love it!! Keep them coming.

Oh and congrats on your weight loss! That will be my goal before we go next year :p015:
  17. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

WOW you are organized!! Will you plan my trip down next August too :lol: I guess I had best get Johnie to start looking at prices and stuff because as the Budget Queen she always gets the best deals :D
  18. Dizneyblonde

Are you really serious about coming down to see us?
  19. Dorothy

Dorothy Smiley Herder

I just sent you a PM and yep, sure am :D
  20. Dizneyblonde

Woohoo wait til i tell the kids!!!!