1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids Hit Disney - Busch Gardens

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Wednesday 15th August

Set the alarm, just in case this morning, for 7am and it was a waste of time because it didn’t go off!!!
    Luckily I woke at 7.19am in a panic even though we were only 20 mins late!

By the time we were ready there was no time for breakfast at Ponderosa as we had to be on the first trolley bus of the day to get to Seaworld in time to catch the shuttle bus to Busch Gardens. I had pre booked our places on their website some months previously and had decided SW was the easiest pick up point for us.

The traffic on I-Drive that morning was horrendous and we had another new driver on the trolley so by the time he got to us we only had ½ an hour to get to SW.
    It came through on his radio that the conference centre was being used for a Jehovah’s Witness seminar and the traffic was solid all the way up I-Drive.
    I started to panic now as there was no way I was changing my itinerary around because of the traffic. Besides I’d laminated them and that’s permanent!!
    The driver knew we were going to BG so he told us to get off half way down I-Drive and to get another shuttle at Goodings as there was no way we’d make it to SW.
    I didn’t have a clue what or where Goodings was which was why I’d booked SW in the first place so I prepared the kids for not riding Sheikra.

As we crossed the road we could see a mass of people outside a shop. It looked promising so we crossed the car park and headed for them! It soon became clear that Goodings was a supermarket type shop and that the people were waiting for the BG shuttle bus that we had spotted on the other side of the car park.

Everyone was just milling around in no particular order but when the buses started to move towards us it went mad and people started rushing forward. The kids managed to get to the front and on to the bus but I, being an adult, was held back and no one was letting me on before them!
    I made it clear that I had to get on as my kids were already seated and within 5 minutes we were on the road.
    I felt slightly guilty that we’d booked SW but got on another bus however listening to the other conversations I realised that hardly anyone on the bus had booked anyway which had resulted in the free for all.3 other buses turned up after we left so everyone got a place eventually.
    By this time I was past caring as we were well on the way to Busch gardens.

On arrival at BG we raced straight to Shreikra to be told that no bags at all, not even bum bags could be taken on and that we’d have to put stuff in a locker.
    We were soon in a very long queue for Sheikra and getting very excited.
    It took about ½ to get to the front of the line and we were ready to ride.
    It is at this point I must point out my deductions that Sheikra was designed by a man as we were so disappointed. There was lots of hype and it was over far too quickly! ;) It was probably spoiled by it’s similarity to Oblivion which we’ve done loads of times.
    The kids decide they didn’t want to ride again so we set off to explore the rest of the park.

We left the bag in a locker and managed to do most of the rides 2 or 3 times. At one point Kumba had to be stopped for someone to retrieve a flip flop from the track but there were hardly any waits on anything.
    We lasted until 1.30pm then tried to remember which section of the park we had left our stuff in so we could get lunch.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Between us we ate chicken strips, bacon cheeseburger and chicken fajita. It was so hot today that I must have spent at least $25-$30 just on drinks!!!

[​IMG]

We did the rest of the park at a much slower pace and were yet again disappointed to find that the water section of Rhino Rally wasn’t working. The same thing happened to us on our last trip so we were gutted as it’s my favourite ride! Oh well we will just have to go back.

[​IMG]

We went back to the bust at 6.40pm as we were leaving at 7 and was told I had to pay $10 per person for the return journey. I explained that with the 5 park flex it was free and ended up going back into the park at top speed to guest services to claim our complimentary return tickets. What a performance!

It rained on the return journey (the first of the trip) and we saw the Mickey Pylon, DTD and Disney signs on the way back to the hotel.
    We got off at the crossroads of I-Drive and walked up to CiCi’s pizza.
    This place is amazing. Every pizza topping you can think of and only $5 all you can eat. Needless to say we had our monies worth and had to waddle back up to the hotel!

We were back in our room by 9.45pm just in time to see the end of the Universal fireworks and to pack our bags ready for a mini trip to RPR and the Universal parks the next day.

2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

CiCi's Pizza, might to a better look into that ...

:)

Jodie

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

So you are one of the people who recommended CiCi's to me! Well done!

4. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

CiCi's was one of our favourites and we will definitely go back next year!

Glad you liked it.

5. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Lol, what's with all the learner bus drivers?? Love all your photo's!

6. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Lovely day hun. x