1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 kids hit Disney - Discovery Cove

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Sunday 19th August

Today we are going to DISCOVERY COVE!!!!!!

[​IMG]

The alarm went off at 6.30am and 3 very excited children got dressed in record time.
    No need for breakfast as we were going to be there early enough for a free one!

I took the kids down to reception at 7.20am and sent them out to see if our ‘car’ had arrived.
    They came back in and told me that the only car out there was a stretch black limousine so I said ‘we’d better go in that then’!!!
    Again their faces were a picture. I just wish I had that on camera because they screamed, hugged me and ran out to see it.

[​IMG]

Carlos our driver (Limo booked with Quicksilver) was fantastic. He opened the door for us and we climbed in. The kids’ jaws dropped and I couldn’t take photos or film because I was shaking and sniffing so much!
    We took the long route to DC but were still at the entrance by 7.50am!
    I paid Carlos and took some photos of him with the kids and the car.

[​IMG]

We were soon booked in and our dolphin swim was the first one of the day at 8.30am.
    We collected our life vests, snorkels and towels then were directed to our lockers (stopping for a family photo on route) and changed before making our way to the Sand Dollar Cabana.
    Our trainers, Brett and Amy, introduced themselves and told us we would be swimming with 4yr old Dexter.
    At this point I had tears in my eyes (I know how emotional can one person get!!!) because swimming with dolphins has always been a life dream (along with a trip to Disney of course) and here we were about to do it for a second time.

We made our way down to the water where Dexter was waiting for us.
    He was a mischievous baby and didn’t always want to play to the rules.
    We played lots of games with him and smoothed his tummy before being pulled back in by his fin.
    The photographer was snapping away and I knew I’d have to buy the CD and DVD!

It was soon turn for our individual kisses and photos. I really misunderstood the instructions here because I snogged the face off the poor thing!!!! I really got my monies worth!

Our ½ hour was soon over and we were back on the sandy shore wishing it hadn’t gone so quick and desperate to have a look at our photos.

A few $ later I’d ordered the complete flipping package (no willpower), well you would have too if you could see all the pics!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Breakfast of pastries, fruit and juice was enjoyed before enjoyed a float around the last river.
    I was so glad we did the early dolphin swim as we now had the rest of the day to enjoy without having to clock watch.
    We did the ray lagoon, tropical lagoon and aviary with lots of photos taken in each and I lost track of how many laps we did snorkelling around the river. We had 2 underwater cameras with us too so I let the kids loose with those in the hope a few might come out!

I just love this place sooooooo much.

For lunch DD had salmon, I had lobster salad and DS had a beach burger.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A practice run for free dining next week. I could get used to this.

We spent the rest of the day lazing around and really enjoying spending quality time with each other, which is something I don’t get to do with the kids very often.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We got snacks and drinks as and when we wanted and chose some souvenirs and photo frames from the shop before picking up the CD and DVD.

We were so sad when it was time to leave. I literally sobbed my heart out in the shower because it had been such an awesome day.
    We saw Sonia (landkmum) in the changing room where absolutely everything was provided.
    Fresh towels, hairdryer, individual hand towels, mouthwash, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion and even ladies bits (I think that should read bits for ladies!)!!!
    Changing the subject, we sat in the reception area and DS took photos of everything in sight while we waited for the mini bus to turn up to take us over to SW.

Not realising quite how tiring doing nothing would be I’d decided that we’d spend the evening at Seaworld for the fireworks and Shamu Rocks.

Luckily guest services stored our many DC bags for us so we didn’t have to carry them.
    We were at SW in time to see the 7pm Clyde and Seymour show and would have laughed our socks off at the mime artist had we been wearing any.
    We watched Shamu Rocks which for some reason I was a little disappointed with. Probably because I watched it through a video camera lens!

Walking back through the sharks we decided to ride Kraken in the dark. There was no line and it was amazing!!!!

Collecting our belongings from GS we watched Mystify just outside the park by the lighthouse so that we could make a sharp exit to the trolley bus before the mass exodus from the park.
    However the usual free for all occurred and the kids pushed there way on as per instructions!

The bus was packed and we stood most of the way. Despite the amount of food we consumed at DC the kids were hungry. Wendy’s was shut so I stuck my head in the drive through window. They wouldn’t serve me though because we weren’t in a car!!

Luckily Dairy Queen next door do fries so we took some back to the hotel and were in bed by 11.30pm exhausted and sunburnt, but extremely happy

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Is there some law against not been in a car! Dopey cashier!

:)

Jodie

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Lovely day at Discovery Cove

4. Dizneyblonde

Can't wait to do it again!

5. Skywatcher

Skywatcher Chief Astronomer

Awesome report - I am soooooo looking forwards to this - will show my kids your photos tonight - thanks for the reports hun they are great

6. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

:laugh:Lol, really enjoyed reading about today, sounds like you all had a fab day! Have you got this planned for 2009? Can't believe you go the day aftermy wedding lol

7. Dizneyblonde

Yes DC is booked for 16th August 2009.

Can't do a trip without it now!

8. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Fab day, really good report. Would love to see more pics of DC never been yet.

9. minnie-me

minnie-me Earning my ears

Brilliant day at DC for you. Bet you can't wait to go again in August xx