1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 kids hit Disney - Epcot

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Friday 24th August

Woohoo no breakfast ADR today so I can have a lie in!!!
    We are all shattered today as we come to the end of our second week.

Somehow we still managed to be at Epcot by 8.30am for the rope drop!

[​IMG]

Pluto, Mickey and Minnie are there to welcome us to the park and DS swears she remembers him from 2003. Poor disillusioned boy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We headed straight for Soarin’ (another first) along with everyone else at the rope drop. I’m afraid to say I lost my Disney spirit slightly and we rushed past as many people as possible to get there!!

This ride is just AWESOME. DS had found out about a hidden Mickey on it so we concentrated really hard on the film and spotted it at the end. Not going to tell you what it is yet! Has anyone else seen it?

We got fastpasses for Test Track and made the most of everyone being in the queue for Soarin’ by riding Mission Space twice with no wait.

The line at Test Track had gone by the time we finished on MS so we rode it twice only needing the FP for the second run.

DS bought himself a TT playset in the shop and promised that if I charged it he would pay me back later. He’s learning fast my boy!!

I spent a fortune in my favourite shop Mousegear before we went to Art of Disney to buy my Mickey figurine. A few months before this trip, at about 5am, my big mirror in the living room fell off the wall and smashed my big Mickey. My lovely insurance company told me to get him replaced and shipped home and they would foot the bill for all of it. He beat us home by 2 days!!!!

Another new ride for this trip was Nemo. I adored the area outside with all the fish and my favourite Pearl “you made me ink”!!!!!

[​IMG]

The ride itself was ok. A bit like Haunted Mansion (the cars) but with an underwater theme. It was very clever the way the characters moved from one section to the next but I think I’d appreciate it more if I was 7 not 37!!!
    The kids played outside with the TV screens and we also popped in for a chat with Crush. I love this type of thing with the audience interaction but again it is aimed and the kids.

By now the queue at Character Connections (or whatever it’s called) was 90 minutes plus so we bypassed that in favour for a quick drink in Ice Station Cool. I much prefer it when you walked through the igloo bit with ice and snow – perhaps I should apply for a job as an imaginer?

We had a wander over to Living Seas but didn’t stop for long because it was soon time for our ADR at Coral Reef.
    A few weeks before we left I’d contacted Disney about personalised menus. I’d heard about them at CR and emailed a message and some photos to be included.
    We were soon shown to our seats which as luck would have it was right down the front next to the tank.
    The kids were amazed how close we were to the sharks, fish and turtles.
    Our server came over with a guide to the fish in the tank and presented the kids with their menus. They couldn’t believe their eyes to have a menu the same as everyone else but with their photos and name on!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We spent 2 hours making the most of it here and the food was fantastic. If we hadn’t been on the DP our bill would have been $132 and that was just for lunch!!!!

[​IMG]

It was fascinating to see the fish right next to us and the diver swimming past giving a message to another table in the restaurant. There was also a dive while we were there and it was really funny to see people in wetsuits and scuba gear while we tucked into steak!!!!

Good old Florida rain was falling when we left so we decided to head for the bus. We ran all the way in a thunder and lightening storm and were soaked by the time the bus turned up.
    I was panicking now though because we had the Pirate and Princess Party tonight and I didn’t want it to rain :cry:
  2. Dizneyblonde

Our Coral Reef lunch

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Robyn's dessert looks delicious!

:)

Jodie
  4. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Robyn's dessert still looks delicious!
  5. Dizneyblonde

Not enough of it though!!

Not as good as our Kitchen Sink!
  6. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Those menu's are fab, the kids look so much younger in those pics!
  7. Dizneyblonde

They were from our 2001 and 2003 trips.
  8. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Great pics and report.