1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids Hit Disney - Here At Last

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

As we came into land we were told that the Manchester flight was coming in right behind us so we had to be quick to get to immigration before they got off the plane!
    Luckily I’d filed in our green visa waiver forms at the Hilton the night before so we were through in no time to pick up our luggage for the first time.
    Ours was almost first off so we went straight through on the shuttle to collect it for the second time.

Those handy kids I took with me waited for the cases while I got our Virgin information from the desk then it was off to find our bus.

Being slightly tired and dare I say it emotional we kept getting out of the lift at the wrong level.
    On our last try someone said hello to me and it was Barry and Carron from the Dibb with their son Josh and Nan. They had landed on the Manchester flight behind us.
    It was a fleeting hello but so lovely to meet them and at least we managed the right level this time!

We were on a Disney Cruise Line bus and hearing our driver Bruce say ‘welcome to Orlando’ gave me another of those emotional moments!!

We were so excited looking at all the sites and signs on the journey it passed in no time and we were at the Rodeway Inn by 5.15pm.
    DS insisted that he tip the driver and I had a lump in my throat AGAIN as I watched my little man grow up and take charge of the cases.

We were soon in room 813 (which is really spooky considering the date was 8/13/07) unpacking our cases and admiring the fantastic view of I-Drive and Universal from our window.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is tradition to have our first ‘meal’ at Wendy’s so once I’d checked in with home and a few Dibbers off we went for a ‘large portion’.
    DS photographed the local wildlife while DD and I just giggled because we were finally home.

[​IMG]

We went via Walgreen’s on the way back for supplies of water, coke, OJ and Trolley passes.
    I was relieved to see that the safe had a key this year and not a code as I always manage to mess it up.
    We had a bath and got our stuff ready for our first day and then we must have fallen asleep because I can’t remember anymore!!!!!

2. Magical Moments.

Magical Moments. Earning my ears

Good reports,keep them coming.

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Oh, I love Wendys!

:)

Jodie

4. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

The first evening is so magical, a holiday still to come.........

5. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Yay, you're here! Great views over IOA and a lovely sunset! You seem to have met up with so many people already and we're only just finishing Day 1 lol!

6. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

Teresa I see you posted this TR back in July and I can't believe I am finally seeing it. Don't know how I missed it.

7. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

John i originally posted it somewhere else last October but brought it with me to share.

Glad you found it.X

8. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Aw making me fill up too hun.xx

9. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

great trippee