1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 kids hit Disney - Home at last!!!

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Tuesday 21st August

TODAY WE’RE GOING TO DISNEY!!!!!

Excited is an understatement. No word has been invented yet that will describe how I felt when I woke up this morning!!!!

On previous trips we have always stayed offsite (ex again!!!) and it was with great anticipation we got ready for moving day.

We had already decided to stay at All Star Movies but were fortunate enough (through an error at the Virgin call centre) to have the free dining plan added to our booking.

Having never stayed onsite before, the butterflies in my stomach made it impossible for breakfast.

We did a quick check of the drawers to find one still full so it was another rearrangement of cases before we were finally ready for the real fun.

It felt like we were going on another holiday with this being our 3rd hotel!
    We were in reception checking out by 8.20am (anyone would think we were in a hurry to get somewhere!) and the town car was there to pick us up at 8.45.

Our driver must have thought I was a complete nutter as we finally drove onto Disney property and I let out a cheer and burst into tears. We were home at last. I didn’t stop talking for the whole journey so I’m sure he was glad to get rid of us when he dropped us off at the ASMo entrance at 9am. The closer we got and the more signs saw the more childish I got!

[​IMG]

Check in was quiet so it wasn’t long before we were being served and I was talking nineteen to the dozen about it being our first stay on Disney property, the fact we had free dining, the request I’d made for a certain room, I was a Disney expert so she didn’t need to explain DP to me because there was nothing I hadn’t researched etc etc

Our tickets and dining plan were soon added to our ‘key to the world’ and we were off to the Toy Story block to find room 9821 in the Woody building because as luck would have it the room was ready. They obviously got my request then!

The Disney spirit hit me as soon as we walked through the food court doors and saw the giant icons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Toy Story was easy to find and our luggage was right behind us.
    A towelling Mickey ears shape was waiting to great us as we opened the door.

[​IMG]

We unpacked quickly and caught the next bus to Blizzard Beach to meet our friends (the ones we were supposed to do the hummer with) who were staying at AKL.

The journey was an emotional one as we saw more and more things ‘Disney’ and it sunk in we were here.

On arrival at the park we tested our ‘keys’ for the first time. A quick stop in the shop for a waterproof lanyard thingy to keep money and room keys in and we were off to find the lockers.

Now when we decided to meet Nikki and Garry at BB we never actually said where or at what time so it was nothing short of a miracle when we bumped into them!!!

We tested the dining plan and got a snack each and dumped our towels by the ice burg pool.

I’m not going to name all the rides we did individually except to say that I DIDN’T do Summit Plummet!!!!!

We spent a leisurely day, despite it being packed, laughing and having fun. I could have stayed on the lazy river for the whole week.

[​IMG]

The kids (aged from 11-13) were allowed to go off on their own for a bit with strict instructions to accost every photopass photographer they saw and have their photo done!!!!

They returned in time for us to get our first free counter service meal which I felt really guilty about because our friends weren’t on the dining plan.

We left the park at about 4.30ish as we had arranged to go over to AKL later for dinner at Boma at 8pm with our friends.

Another emotional moment came on the way back to ASMo when we approached the entrance and the recorded bus message said ‘welcome home’. Don’t Disney think of everything?!

Back in the room we shower and change for dinner and get a taxi t AKL for $8.

Nikki, Garry and the kids were waiting for us in the lobby.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We had a short wait to be seated at Boma but then we were let lose on all that lovely food!
    DD and I tried everything while DS had chicken strips and fries!!!
    The different meats are to die for and I loved seafood soup.
    The kids ate Disney out of fruit and we had another guilty moment when we didn’t hand over a penny and our friends handed over about $150+

[​IMG]

They showed us round AKL and we saw giraffes, gazelles and vultures with the night vision goggles.
    We sat with our feet in the Jacuzzi for ages and spent an imaginary fortune in the shop.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is a lovely hotel but doesn’t appeal to me one bit. I have no urge to stay there at all but I’d go and have a look around again.

The taxi back to ASMo was more expensive for some reason and I went all funny as we walked through the lobby to our home for the next 8 nights.
    We were soon tucked up in very comfy beds with 4 alarms set for 6am. I booked our first Mickey wake up call and couldn’t wake for the morning to come!!!

The kids were asleep in no time but I laid there for a while listening to the sound of the aircon and feeling very pleased with myself for getting us there.
    I eventually fell asleep with a huge contented grin on my face.

2. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

I am loving these trip reports WITH pics! LOLOL

3. Dizneyblonde

Thanks Bev i'm so glad i can now share them with my old frinds across the pond as most of you were with me at the start of the planning.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  4. BevW

BevW Addicted to Mickey

You're so welcome! I know it's not easy putting a trip report together! That's probably one reason I never finish one! LOL

5. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Those Strawberrys look yummy!

:)

Jodie

6. sazzledazzle

sazzledazzle Earning my ears

I think I'm having all your emotional moments for you! (bit of a wobbly chin there!) lol X

7. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Ouch, Jack looks a little redish in a couple of pics!

8. Dizneyblonde

Well he wouldn't listen when i told him to wear a t shirt!

9. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Another fab day! Looks so relaxing with your feet in that Jacuzzi!! Can't wait to see what you get up to 2mrw! :yes:

10. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Lovely day , enjoying reading it all. xx

11. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

great reading