1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids Hit Disney - More Emotion

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Tuesday 14th August

As usual for our first morning in Florida I was awake at 3.30am!!!
    Lying in bed looking at the kids soundo I have a little grin to myself because only I know what surprises are in store and the first 2 of those were going to be today.
    I pinched myself just to make sure I wasn’t dreaming and that we were actually here then went back to sleep for a bit to the sound of the kids having a conversation in their sleep about giving Mum the money.

I woke again at 5.20am and put the TV on for the weather channel. This became a daily habit for the whole holiday, not that the weather varied much over the 17 days. Today was going to be 95F.

I woke the kids and gave them the first two surprise envelopes.
    We kept a video diary of the whole trip at the start of every day saying where we were going. The kids filmed what they wanted all day and we finished off by saying what we had done in the evenings. I probably won’t mention this again but we did it every day and every surprise was caught on camera.

I gave the kids an envelope each to open. They had grins from ear to ear as they read that today at Seaworld they were going to do the backstage Wild Arctic tour (WA Tour) and Dine with Shamu(DWS). A priceless moment that brings a tear to my eye as I type. (God I’m an emotional woman!!!)

In no time the kids were up and bouncing on the bed shouting ‘we’re having lunch with a killer whale’!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After showering and dressing we decided to hit Ponderosa for breakfast (stand by for another attack of emotion!).

[​IMG]

Although we had done Ponderosa for dinner many times on previous trips we had never done breakfast.It's the kids favourite place. :blush:
    At $3.99 for adults and $2.99 for children it would have been rude not to!!!
    We were soon seated and stuffing our faces. Our server Abel came over to ask if all was ok and offered me another cup of tea. When he bought it over and said enjoy I had another stupid lump in my throat as it hit home again that we were here and that we could get used to everyone being so nice!

His ‘Americaness’ paid off as we left him a nice tip and crossed the road to catch the I-Drive trolley bus at the stop opposite Ponderosa and right outside our hotel!

We had a ‘trainee’ bus driver and it took forever to get to Seaworld. Does he not realise that it’s our first park and we can’t wait to get there!!!
  2. Shogun

Shogun Earning my ears

Great reports. Looking forward to reading the rest.
  3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I'll have to be honest, I don't think I have ever welled up at the thought of another cup of USA coffee!

:)

Jodie
  4. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Having seen a chunk of the video diary your reports are even more real to me.x
  5. Dizneyblonde

Aww i think we will watch the videos again over half term.
  6. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Lol at the trainee bus driver..on your first day of all days! Love the pics of you and the kids, very sweet!
  7. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Pass me tissues, this is sooooooooo lovely.
  8. Dizneyblonde

You are as emotional as me!
  9. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

I so am, lol. :p015:
  10. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears