1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 kids hit Disney - RPR and US/IOA

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Thursday 16th August

Up at 7am without the aid of an alarm!
    We made the most of a free breakfast in the hotel and the kids ate them out of fruit! It was a practice run for free dining at Disney and it didn’t feel right not paying
    Ordered a taxi from reception to take us to RPR which cost us $8. Grabbed our bags from the room and made sure all valuables were locked away before meeting driver down in the lobby.
    While we were waiting for him the lady on reception tried to sell me all sorts of Disney tickets and excursions.
    One look of my daily itinerary cards and she never bothered us again!!

My first thoughts as we pulled up to RPR were that it is huge. It really has the wow factor and is beautiful and really open inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I felt really under dressed in shorts and t-shirt as we went to reception with our overnight Mickey bag and rucksack.

Luckily our room was ready so we were able to take our bags straight to room 3352.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We joined the Loews loyalty scheme before we came away and I asked for an upgrade but nothing was available.
    We each had a room key with our names and check out dates on which also served as our front of the line access.
    Bags safely packed we hit the parks.

We didn’t bother waiting for the boat and took the pathway along the river into Citywalk.
    Universal Studios was our first stop after being finger scanned and we headed straight to the Mummy as it’s a new ride to us.
    It wasn’t working so we worked our way around the park starting at Earthquake and finishing at ET before trying Mummy again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

FOTL access was fantastic and we waited for nothing. There were lots of comments from people waiting in the regular line but what did we care? We felt like VIP’s!!!

We thought the Mummy was fantastic and well worth waiting for. However it broke down just under the fire on the ceiling bit and we were stuck there roasting for 20 minutes!!
    When we got off we were taken straight back round to ride again. We loved it.
    Louie’s pizza was our next stop, we love it here too.
    We order a huge pizza between us and a refillable souvenir cup for $5.99 and 69c refills.

[​IMG]

We managed to avoid a huge rain shower then moved over to Islands of Adventure. The FOTL was great if we could get 2 parks done in one day!

We managed to get all the rides done at IOA except the water ones as we were saving them until tomorrow.

We ate a late tea a Circus Magerkus of burger and chips before heading back to US for the last night of the summer fireworks.

It is at this point I embarrass DS again as he had a hissy fit in CM. We had refilled our souvenir cup with coke and were sharing it at the table when unfortunately a drop from the straw fell onto his burger bun.

Well you’d have thought the world had ended as he went mental at DD for making his bun soggy and picked it up in his hand and squeezed it to pieces.
    I burst out laughing, which didn’t help, and we had to make a hasty exit with tired boy because everyone was looking at us!!

After a little ‘chat’ he calmed down and we all enjoyed the cine 360 firework show at US.

We were too tired to walk back to the hotel so caught the water taxi from Citywalk and went via reception because we had forgotten our room number!

We opened the door to find our Loews free gift of fruit and water had been delivered which we got into bed and shared between us while watching Dr Who on the Sci Fi channel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

LOL at Jack and the 'spot' of pop!

:)

Jodie

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I soooo want that pizza!

4. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Lol at the thought of the three of you in CM! Can imagine the same thing happening to us with me and my DB! That last photo of Jack is another contender for those 18th Birthday photo's! :p015: