1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids Hit Disney - The Flight

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Monday 13th August

I actually slept until 5.30am but my bladder got the better of me. Or it might have been the few beers with Vron the night before!
    Back to bed I managed to last until the alarm went off at 7.
    We quickly showered and checked out ‘borrowing’ a few more Hilton pens and souvenirs on the way.

Gatwick was already buzzing as we headed for the security check. We queued up for what seemed like forever with our clear zip lock bags in hand.

DD (Robyn) was pulled over to be frisked, which frightened the life out of her as she was only 13, and I was still putting my shoes back on. She looked a little upset but I soon gave her a cuddle and all was right with the world again.
    Unfortunately although she was only 13 she is nearly 6ft tall so they probably didn’t realise her age and that she really should have had an adult present.

We were soon through all the checks and in the line for MacDonald’s.
    This is where my emotions went into overdrive and dawn phoned.
    Picture me stood in the queue at MacD’s surrounded by hundreds of holidaymakers, blubbing my heart out to my mate because it had finally hit me that we were going and that all the hard work and stress was worth it!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We were due to met up with another Dibber Landkmum as she was on the same flight as us but despite sending numerous texts she never replied. I thought she had changed her mind but as luck would have it and because I was wearing my Dibb lanyard she spotted us in the viewing area. We said our hello’s and were introduced to each other’s families and then went off to look in the shops promising we would catch up on the plane.

The kids disappeared together for a bit and came back with a bottle of my favourite perfume ‘Angel’ and told me to buy it for myself with some of their money. Bless them I knew I’d bought them for a reason.
    Little things like that were really not clever in my emotional state but they are so thoughtful sometimes!

Anyway boarding at Gate 17 was soon opened and we made our way to the departure area.
    I sent more emotional texts to some Dibbers - essexmick, Catherine, tb2830, Dawn, rebelrebel, hayleyneeyore, minim and probably a few others and we took our seats in 37ABC.

The cabin crew made an announcement about twins being born to one of their colleagues and there was a cheer, then they announced we had a lady captain and all the men groaned.

It was brought to the attention of the crew that 2 passengers on board had a nut allergy so the male attendant announced over the tannoy that he would appreciate it if everyone could be careful with their nuts on the flight!!!!

There was a big cheer and the ‘fasten your seatbelts’ sign was turned on for take off.

It wasn’t long before we were having to choose our dinner. We all opted for chicken tika masala, pasta and chocolate pudding. Not bad for in-flight food.

The witty flight attendant asked us all to check our plates during the meal as an American woman at the back of the plane had lost her false teeth.

Our IFE consisted of watching Spiderman 3, Shrek 3, Bridge to Terabithia (with my new best friend Katie - landkmum’s daughter), classic Only Fools and Horses and taking over the back of the plane when we went back for a chat with the lovely Sonia (landkmum) and her husband and kids.

The flight was uneventful and went so quick because we had another family to talk to.
    The flight attendant asked us all to buy the big bags of Malteasers in duty free and leave them behind in our seats for the crew when we got off!

2. Magical Moments.

Magical Moments. Earning my ears

Lol at the false teeth.

Great photos,and another great read.

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Nuts!

:rofl:

Jodie

4. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I want a witty flight attendant, or a really cute one!

5. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Lol at the nuts! :D and bless you for being so emotional:hug1:

6. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Great report hun. xx

7. dave&pauline

dave&pauline Earning my ears

great flight lol