1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids Hit Disney - The Night Before

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 1, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

NOW I can get excited. This was one of the things I was most worried about. I’d survived getting me and the kids to Gatwick and checking in on the right flight, now the rest was up to Virgin and I was in holiday mode at last.

It didn’t take us long to find the Hilton which looked very grand compared to our shorts and t shirts and Mickey Mouse overnight/travel bags!!!

[​IMG]

The receptionist who served us was rather snotty so the upgrade I’d hoped for didn’t materialise and my request for a ‘plane’ view also fell on deaf ears.

Once we were in room 2296 I completely relaxed and tested the beds for their trampoline potential!!!!!

We started our holiday video diary and the kids have some great footage of me running round the room like a lunatic and jumping on the beds shouting ‘we’re going to Disney’!!!!

I texted a few people to let them know we had arrived and then set about relieving the Hilton of all their notepaper and envelopes to send my parents thank you letters for the kids $ that they had given them before they’d left for their holiday a week previously and forbidden them to open before we go to the Hilton.

We decided to have a wonder around the airport and paid a visit to Smiths to get some stamps. When we got to the till and I asked for some stamps a nice man in front of us said don’t bother buying any and gave me a book he had in his wallet! I’m a great believer in Karma and later in the holiday I was able to ‘pay it forward’.

I gave the kids a choice of places to eat tonight and they chose Burger King……..
    DS wasn’t feeling to good so we dosed him up and he got his ‘spot present’ in JD Sports opposite BK. That 10 seconds of spot squeezing pleasure cost me a fortune because he chose a Man Utd t-shirt and DD had some Animal shorts!

We had arranged to meet Veronica (Vabeth), her DH Andy and daughter Beth in Wetherspoons at 7.30pm so it was time to do the Croc hunt.
    Vron said I would recognise her by the purple hair and crocs so we walked in looking at the floor!!!
    We soon found them and it felt like we had met up with old friends!
    I gave Vron the ‘goody’ bag I had acquired for her from the Hilton bathroom selection and we had a few drinks and laughs.

[​IMG]

At 9.30ish we said our goodbyes and headed back to the room.

We got back to the room to find an e-mail had been put under the door from my sister and BIL wishing us happy holidays.

DS was feeling better and in mischievous mood and it wasn’t long before he was hiding in wardrobes and jumping out on us when we thought he was in the bathroom.
    Still I’ll get my own back with this photo in years to come.

[​IMG]

We all had baths then after setting 3 alarms for 7am got into bed to drink tea and eat chocolate while watching Match of the Day. We spent a while giggling with excitement and the use of the word ‘dink’ in the MOTD goal commentary but were all asleep by 11 and we didn’t even get to Z in our alphabet Disney game!

2. Magical Moments.

Magical Moments. Earning my ears

Great start.
    Glad your son was feeling better later in the evening.

3. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

He He, 'Dink'!

:rofl:

Jodie

4. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

I can't believe Jack hasn't destroyed al evidence of that photo yet!

5. Dizneyblonde

6. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Lol that photo should be stuck up on his 18th Birthday :laugh:can really feel your excitement! Looking forward to reading about the journey!

7. Dizneyblonde

Believe me hun i have enough photos like that to make a whole slide show for his 18th!

8. uscwest

uscwest Senior Cast Member

I hope you have that photo of Jack well hidden. :p015: