1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 kids hit Disney - Wishes Cruise Surprise

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

We were headed to the Poly to meet some friends (hayleyneeyore) as I’d told the kids we were having a drink with them.

We had a good look around the resort and shops (DS was chuffed to bits when I bought him his Stitch t-shirt) then we sat and waited on the swing benches and hammocks on the beach.

[​IMG]

I was in heaven. What a view of the castle (way in the distance), Grand Floridian and Contempory.

We met up with Hayley and her OH Els and another couple from the Dibb (I know her name was Wendy but not her username).

It was then I told the kids we were going on a Wishes Cruise!!!
    They were so excited when we got on the boat. Our captain was fab and gave us a great tour of the resorts around the lagoon and told us some of Disney’s history. He even tested us with some trivia and was amazed with how much Hayley and I knew.
    We even managed to catch the Water Pageant on the lagoon which was amazing.
    Drinks and snacks were included in the cruise and we settled down with them in front of MK for the fireworks to start.

The view was fab and Wishes was as magical as ever. I videoed again and DS got some fab pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There were lots of other boats on the lagoon and it was a bit choppy but at least e could hear some of the Wishes music from them as we didn’t pay the extra to have it piped into our boat.

Back on dry land we said our goodbyes and thank yous and Hayley and Els came with us to catch the monorail.
    Hayley had never ridden up from before so I spoke to the guard and arranged for the 4 of them to do it. They only allow 4 at a time so I sat on my own in another carriage while the kids went with Hayley and Els.

At the bus park at MK the line was shorter for Music so we decided to catch that and walk the rest of the way to Movies.
    The driver did a trivia quiz on the way back and DS was asked to help reading and the questions and giving out prizes. He was in for a shock when Hayley and I got most of them right and walked away with all his trivia cards!!!

We were back in our room and in bed by 12.30am exhausted after another fab day.

2. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

The Wishes cruise looks ace!

:)

Jodie

3. hayleyneeyore

hayleyneeyore Earning my ears

LOVELY Piccies Teresa - you know, I never did get pics on the Wishes cruise, just film :( No idea why!!

It was very nice of you to let the 4 of us go up front!

And the bus guy was hilarious! There were 5 of us, and he was asking questions all the way back to ASMu, me and Teresa kept getting all of them right and getting all of the trivia cards, so he said 'one for the lads this time' and we were whispering the answers to Els and Jack :lol:

The others didn't stand a chance!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2008
  4. Johnie

Johnie Budget Queen Forum Host

The Wishes Cruise is so awesome. It is truly the PERFECT view of the MK and the fireworks.

5. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Was this the bus trip Hayley sorta cheated and gave Els the answer in Welsh when the driver asked him a question!

6. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

Yep it sure was!

7. mInNiE

mInNiE Earning my ears

Great pics again!! Another fab day!

8. MAZ

MAZ Earning my ears

Great pics, cruise looks really good.