1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

3 Kids,My Castle and how many cupcakes? - Day 3 Seaworld

Discussion in 'Trip Reports' started by Dizneyblonde, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Dizneyblonde

Dizneyblonde Secret's Birthday Fairy!

3 Kids, My castle and how many cupcakes?
    Day 3
    Tuesday 11th August
    SeaWorld

We were awake by 6.30am which is pretty late for us on a first day so that shows how exhausted we were after yesterdays antics!
    I had rather a disturbed night’s sleep thanks to the previous occupants of the room leaving the alarm set for stupid o’clock and the volume at its highest level! Obviously in my sleepy state I was unable to work out what to do in the dark without my contact lenses in so it happened a couple of times before I pulled the plug out! Lesson learnt – always check the time and alarm on your clock when you move into a new room!
    We were up showered and dressed by 7.45am after lying in bed listening to the fab American accent and watching every weather channel we could find and concluding that today would be sunny!
    We found the room where breakfast was to be served. It was room 1100 by the pool and was just a hotel room with tables full of fruit, cereal, juice, tea, coffee, buns, bread, toasters and condiments. It was great to just be able to grab and go without having to be seated and wait to be served. It was nothing special but it served its purpose.
    We noticed that the pool area was closed off and that the pool water looked very green. An English chap told us that he’d just been and asked reception and had been told it was shut until further notice. Good job I hadn’t planned any pool days here and looking at the colour of the water I was quite pleased!
    We were at trolley bus stop 19 by 8am and were the first ones on the bus that turned shortly after.
    SeaWorld car park was empty when we arrived at 8.15 which was a good sign. We were getting excited at the prospect of our first theme park day and headed for the entrance. We had to exchange or DC so we got in line with a few other people that were waiting. A separate entrance opened for DC only and it wasn’t long before we had our SW day passes and were ready to go.
    I didn’t know how the 14 days entry to the parks worked before DC but apparently you get a day pass for whatever park you go to before DC on production of your DC confirmation then for every visit after, your DC id card is all that is needed for entry.
    Anyway the park finally opened at 8.50am and we headed straight for Manta along with everyone else! Just as we got near the entrance we all stopped again as there was a rope across the path!
    Ay 9am we were allowed to enter and we joined the line for Manta feeling really excited about the first coaster of the holiday and it was new! However just as we got to the height board we were told that no bags were allowed and that we had to put them in the lockers and rejoin the queue!
    We finally got into the queuing area which is an amazing aquarium. Could have spent ages in there looking at the fish and the rays and it was lovely to be out of the heat for a bit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manta the ride is awesome! Way better than I thought it would be and I came off feeling like I was a kid again! A fantastic way to start our theme park marathon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Kraken and Atlantis were next on the list and both were pretty much a walk on.
    The rest of the day doesn’t really have much order as we just wandered around the park doing what we wanted, taking photos and video and going on stuff as we came across it. I can remember what we did but not at what time we did it!
    We caught the Shamu show at 12.30pm which was as good as ever and brought a tear to my eye as usual. I was disappointed that they didn’t have the cameras on the audience this time though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The kids had their picture taken with ‘the whale man’ again so we can compare it to the one we took on our last trip.

[​IMG]

Continued...

2. Dizneyblonde

We stopped for fries and a drink at the Spice Mill Cafe on the Waterfront and decided to do the Sky Tower for the first time. In all the times we have visited SeaWorld this is something we have always wanted to do but never got around to it. I always thought it was too expensive but at $3 each it was going to dent my budget too much! I didn’t know what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised that there was seating all around the tower which was in two tiers. We headed for the top and had an amazing view of the park. It was all over in a few minutes but it was so worth it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The video camera started playing up in the humidity and zoomed itself in every time I switched it on and tried to film. It was a bit of a nuisance as I had to keep it zoomed out manually and it ran down the battery quickly but we still managed to get some good shots.
    We bought a refillable cup then for the rest of the afternoon we managed to do most of the rest of the park. Wild Arctic, Penguin Encounter, Shark Encounter, Dolphin Nursery, Kraken, Manta and Atlantis a few more times, we also had a proper look in the Manta aquarium before somehow ending up at Pets Ahoy just as the show was about to start. They had closed the line but allowed about 20 more people in to fill the spaces. I had to sit separate from the kids but I saw that as a bonus! We had never seen this show before but Mum and Dad had told us about it after their trip in June. I was pleasantly surprise as it is very clever. Made me miss the cats at home though.
    It was time for our Dine with Shamu check in so we headed over to the underwater viewing area to take some photos.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was already quite a queue forming so we waited for our turn. We gave the man our name and he checked us off his list. We were near the top as I had booked early (in fact I booked the day the reservations became available so I was surprised so many people were before me!) and he handed us our table number before sending us over for our complimentary photo. The kids thought it was hilarious that we had been give table 13 but I just saw it as another omen that something was going to go wrong!
    We loved DWS in 2007 and were really looking forward to doing it again. The table we had was right by the pool again and the food was lovely but it just felt all too rushed. We were only given an hour to find our seats, get our food, eat, watch the whale interaction, take photos, ask questions then leave. We had no time to go up for seconds and had to take photos and video while we were eating. The poor family behind us arrived late with 2 young children had no time to finish their meal before they were asked to leave.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tinkers (The Dibb) saw us and came over to say hello and have a chat. It was great to meet her even though it was only for 5 minutes and it made me glad again for my lanyard! Our server was very attentive and kept our drinks well topped up so we left her a tip and left. She even filled our refillable cup for us.
    We headed straight for Manta again thinking it would be quiet as the Shamu show had just started. It had broken down so we decided to do Kraken and Atlantis in the dark before heading back over to Manta which was up and running again. It is even more awesome in the dark and I’m so glad we did it! In total today we managed to ride Kraken 4 times and Manta 5 times and the best ones were in the dark!
    We refilled the cup and bought a SeaWorld scrapbook kit on the way out and caught the trolley bus at 10pm just as the fireworks started. We could see lightening in the distance so we knew there was a storm somewhere but we had no rain at all today.
    Back at the hotel we showered, wrote our diaries and sorted our clothes for the next day.
    We were all in bed by 11.20pm......shattered!

Spends

Sky Tower 3x $3 - $9
    Scrapbook kit - $19.17 (inc tax)
    Total - $28.17

Food
    Fries and coke - $11.78 (3 fries@$2.79 each 1 coke at $2.69)
    Refillable cup - $6.91
    Refill - $1.80
    Total - $20.49

Tips
    DWS - $10

3. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

Sounds like you had a briliant day at SW :thumbsup: I love the close up photo of Shamu being fed the fish :yes:

If you do the DWS, do you actually miss Believe?
    I can't do the big rides but the waiting area for Manta sounds cool. Is there an exit just before the ride loads that you can use if you don't want to ride? I would wait with DH if there was then he could go on the ride and I'd chicken out!!!!

4. Dizneyblonde

The Manta aquarium is completely seperate from the ride line but I'm sure you could go through the line to see everything and not ride as you could walk straight through and out the exit.
    We saw a few people who changed their minds!

5. Disneybumble

Disneybumble The Secret is in the Sauce.

Great day Teresa. We did DWS in 2006 and we all loved it. It's such a shame you felt rushed.

6. Jodie

Jodie Addicted to Mickey

Brilliant day, sooo jealous you've been on Manta!