1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome both old friends and new to the all new Walt Disney Secrets :-D Please take a moment to say hi

300 G.I. Joes To Parachute Friday At Disney

Discussion in 'Walt Disney World News & Rumors' started by Isafari, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Isafari

Isafari Wild Animal Expert

[YOUTUBE]CdmvQsAZ-V8&feature=player_embedded#at=95[/YOUTUBE]

If you're at Walt Disney World on Friday and you happen to see something that looks like a scene out of "Toy Story," have no fear, the army men haven't escaped from the theme parks.

Hundreds of G.I. Joe action figures will parachute to safety off of a hotel at Walt Disney World on Friday.

The mark the beginning of G.I. Joe Convention Weekend, known as GIJoeCon, at the Dolphin hotel, 300 3.75-inch action figures will go flying from the roof around 10:30 a.m.

It's no April Fools joke, the stunt has taken place at several past G.I. Joe conventions. (Video of the 2009 drop in Kansas City is above.)

Convention organizers say the drop itself is closed to the public and is only open to pre-registered weekend passholders.
  2. kona

kona Earning my ears

If this is really true, then very cool.:jawdrop:
  3. Tink

Tink Cead Mille Failte! Staff Member Administrator

Good grief, a GI Joe convention?! :eek: