Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tapestry of dreams parade

Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to the tapestry of dreams parade at Epcot ? I remember seeing it about 7 years ago but I haven't see it since.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's done. :( They stopped doing it a few years ago. I've heard time and time again that EPCOT will have it's own parade again, but nothing has been forthcoming.

I thought that parade (and it's earlier versions, Tapestry of Nations, and the Great Millenium Walk) was perfect for EPCOT.

Personally, I think it was one of those ill thought out decisions by managment. Just as keeping Illuminations unchanged now for almost 9 years. :sigh;

It's time for some refreshing changes, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 44674
    It's done. :( They stopped doing it a few years ago. I've heard time and time again that EPCOT will have it's own parade again, but nothing has been forthcoming.

I thought that parade (and it's earlier versions, Tapestry of Nations, and the Great Millenium Walk) was perfect for EPCOT.

Personally, I think it was one of those ill thought out decisions by managment. Just as keeping Illuminations unchanged now for almost 9 years. :sigh;

It's time for some refreshing changes, eh?
    Thanks Tink. Its a shame I really enjoyed that parade and as you say it was perfect for Epcot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, everything from the inclusion of the global society, to the music (that although the syllables didn't "mean" anything, they had that ethnic sound) to the ability of the guests (particularly the little ones) to interact with the "characters" in the parade.

It was artistic, and inspiring, and very moving all in one, wasn't it? I think I have some photos somewhere. But if I do they are on the Mac, and that's not playing nicely right at the moment! :o

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    It would be lovely to see the photos Tink.

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, well Our Keith has told us how to get the Mac to behave, so now we just need to do it!

What were your favorite "characters?" I love the Sage of Time but he was only there for the Great Millenium Walk version.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 44694
    Awww, well Our Keith has told us how to get the Mac to behave, so now we just need to do it!

What were your favorite "characters?" I love the Sage of Time but he was only there for the Great Millenium Walk version.
    Well done Keith. I enjoyed it all to be honest Tink, the theming and everything was fantastic. :p015:

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the one parade I wish I'd seen :( It was there the first year we went to WDW in 2003 but at the time, I wasn't a member of a board such as this and I basically new nothing about the parks....If I knew then what I know now, I would have made the effort to go and see it. :p015:

I'd love to see pics too!

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps someone else has some photos that they can put up before I can get to mine?

Post Thanks / Like
    It was also one of the favourite parades among the Disney Imagineers.
    On one of our cruises one of the senior Imagineers was giving a talk that I attended and he said that seeing as Epcot is the only WDW park without a parade as such, he and several of his colleagues were pushing Disney hard to get another one instigated.
    Sadly this was a few years ago and nothing`s happened yet. :mad:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast