Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ireland Day 10 Tues 19/8

Post Thanks / Like
    Hurrah - it wasn't raining this morning!

I thought about it and really wanted the vase to put in our living room once it's finished being pulled apart then redecorated....so another trip into town was called for today.

DS9 stayed with Ann to do some gardening so DH, DS13 and I went off to do some more shopping!

What a shame DS9 didn't come with us though - we saw the (armed) Army and the Garda accompanying a security van collecting cash from the bank, a train on the line that runs along the quay between the road and the water (it's an old line where you just walk over it to get to the quayside), and a sunken boat or two!

I found an antique looking (but new) box for Ann which is more her style so that means i can keep the vase!!!:bounce022:

DS13 bought some trainers and souvenirs, and I bought some toys and souvenirs for DS9

As the sun was shining we walked along the quay where we saw the sunken boats, before managing to get to the post office to send postcards at last after turning up there too late for the past few days!

Back at the house we hoovered up the sand dunes that we'd all deposited in the car the other day then poottered around for the rest of the day....

Post Thanks / Like
    More shopping. Or should that be more rain. Lovely photo's .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    More nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    What a lovely little town. Thanks for the photos

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    you're welcome! thanks for reading!

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh goodness, a sunken boat!

Lovely photos. I've not seen that sort of tree? It looks a bit like a palm. Is it?

Thank you for more lovely shots!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 46261
    Oh goodness, a sunken boat!

Lovely photos. I've not seen that sort of tree? It looks a bit like a palm. Is it?

Thank you for more lovely shots!

thank you Tink

i'm guessing the tree is a member of the cordilyne species

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh. Thanks. I'll have to look that up. Not familiar with that type at all. :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 46360
    Oh. Thanks. I'll have to look that up. Not familiar with that type at all. :D
    cordyline - that *is* just a guess Tink, i just call them 'palm tree type things!' :questionmark1:

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, at least we both agree that they look like a type of palm tree! :D Thanks for the link!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast