Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: All in a days work....

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Karen, sorry you've banged up your knee!!! Hope it's feeling better very soon!

I'm doing much better, turned in early after a hot shower and some ibuprofen....I think I'll live ;)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh dear heaven. I can't leave you alone for a minute without some disaster befalling you!

That sounds like a very nasty fall. Are you sure you are ok? Concussions can be nasty things, with complications after the fact. You aren't going to sleep are you? (Is that an old wive's tale).

I have no words for that mother. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been awake now for over 12 hours, so I think I'm safe....I feel ok, just fighting off the headache. I was asked if I wanted to go home this morning, but there I'd have only been alone and that worried me...so I stayed and work (canceled my classes) and just did light work at my desk. Took the train home instead of driving, so I didn't take any chances...

No alcohol, hot shower, and a quiet evening...so I think I'm doing everything I should (plus checking in here with you guys :D )

Thanks everyone for you kind thoughts and concern You're the best :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to say, I overheard the conversation between the HM and the "mom"

Must say, it certainly made me smile :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it's good that you are feeling ok. Just continue to take it easy, ok?

C'mon, fess up. What'd the HM say to the riduculously self centered Mother? :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I hope she told her what for!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    He told her that attending our school was certainly not mandatory and that if she found our practice of using the emergency lane for just that purpose unacceptable, then she was certainly welcome and advised to find another school that might be more accommodating.

(Exponentially more satisfying since she well knows there's not another school w/in 100 miles who would take her midnight terror of a child)

Post Thanks / Like
    :D I like your HM. :D (Why did I think he was a she)?

Good for him for standing up to that garbage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we have both actually. I answer to the Headmistress....but the Headmaster is the true head....but when the phonecall came in she asked to speak directly to HIM...so that's what she got :D

He's a good man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. That must be where my confusion comes from. You must have mentioned the woman before.

Good that you are working for decent people. It's hard enough working with the folks you do.

My French Professor at SU used to teach in Connecticut. Brooke Sheilds was one of her students. She told us that Brooke was far better mannered, and a much better students than the "rich kids" in the class.

I don't know exactly what it is all about, but a misplaced sense of entitlement isn't attractive on anyone, wealthy or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast