Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Booked our first DVC stay

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah. Good to know the explanation. I knew that they had changed the booking, but wasn't aware that it still didn't include the ability to book the entire stay at the first opportunity. I still think it's silly to have to call more than once for the same stay (unless some dates are taken, of course). One of the little foibles of the DVC that I've never really cared for.

As you can tell, I don't usually stay that long with our DVC. It's usually used for short weekend stays or Vero Beach jaunts.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Our booking is classed as 'open' for 18 nights so when I phone again next week they will add the next 7 nights and so on. I wanted that made quite clear as i obviously didn't want 3 separate bookings and run the risk of moving rooms. I agree it does seem crazy that you can't book your whole stay but i suppose that the majority of DVC owners are only booking a few nights at a time.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Perhaps. I just would prefer to know that my entire holiday was booked at one time, eh?

But, there are tons of other good reasons to love DVC, eh? :D

I can't wait for you to stay at AKLV! I'm so looking forward to your photos and report!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 46382

But, there are tons of other good reasons to love DVC, eh? :D
    Yep! I just got 10% off DD's birthday presents for tomorrow in the Disney Store with my DVC card :D

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh never forget to ask about discounts with that card! :D When you check in you'll be given a little booklet listing the current perks. It's a job in itself keeping up with them!

It's a great thing having those discounts.

Post Thanks / Like
    That is great news Lisa.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 46365
    You can book your home resort (the one you buy into) at 11 months before your check in date and you can book any other DVC resort 7 months before. They only allow you to book up to 7 days at a time if you phone on the first day. I could have waited until 11 months from our checkout date and booked the whole lot but i am not that patient Also I love talking to 'disney people' on the phone so am happy to keep calling (especially as we get free calls to member services :D).

It really is quite confusing but it is starting to fall into place now we are actually using it :)
    Thanks for that Lisa. All sounds very complicated at first!

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW! I am jealous! My husband and I would like to look into DVC. We started looking into it and got really confused. We figure on our next visit, we'll make time to check it out.

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a bit confusing at first, but it does make sense once you have it explained.

Essentially, you purchase a finite number of points (there is a minimum, and a maximum). You pay for them once, and pay yearly dues thereafter.

Based on the time of year you go, where you stay, and the type of accomodation you choose, you will use your points to "pay" for the vacation.

You can bank unused points, and borrow from the next year, if you need to. You can effectively use three years points in that manner. You would bank all of year one's points. When you reach year two (having two years of points) you would borrow all of year three's points which would give you three full years of points to use for a given vacation.

You can stay at any DVC resort, use them for a cruise, use them for stays at many of the WDW resorts (not the values) use them for any number of other getaway/holiday type stays literally throughout the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote="Tink, post: 47337"]

You can bank unused points, and borrow from the next year, if you need to. You can effectively use three years points in that manner. You would bank all of year one's points. When you reach year two (having two years of points) you would borrow all of year three's points which would give you three full years of points to use for a given vacation.

quote]

I don't know if I could stay away from Disney that long. That takes a lot of will power! :7:

1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast