Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Booked our first DVC stay

  1. #21
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disneywishmom, post: 47348

    I don't know if I could stay away from Disney that long. That takes a lot of will power! :7:
    You may not need to do so!
    What Tink stated was that you have the ability to bank/borrow points in order to amass a lot more points for that really special vacation.
    Depending on where you stay and for how long, your points will allow you to visit as often as your points will allow.
    Tink & I have been members of DVC since the early days of it`s birth [1992 in my case], and our original investment has paid for itself over and over again by now.
    My only regret is not buying more points than I did at the outset.





  2. #22
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Us too, Slowhand. We should have bought more back then, eh?

    I didn't mean to imply that you had to wait three years for a vist. I was explaining how you can use three years of points for an elaborate vacation.

    You can choose to use your points for yearly visits, multiple visits during the year, however you please!






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 47460
    You may not need to do so!
    What Tink stated was that you have the ability to bank/borrow points in order to amass a lot more points for that really special vacation.
    Depending on where you stay and for how long, your points will allow you to visit as often as your points will allow.
    Tink & I have been members of DVC since the early days of it`s birth [1992 in my case], and our original investment has paid for itself over and over again by now.
    My only regret is not buying more points than I did at the outset.

    Now I understand! Thanks for the great info!


    1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.... I am still trying to wrap my brain around this DVC thing. How do you lose points? Because I keep reading about people losing points. I thought you could bank them. Can you finance it through Disney or do you have to pay outright? My husband and I are interested but just don't know if it would suit us. For the amount of what we have spend on disney vaca each year, it seems like it would be something we should look into. So we want to make sure it would be an investment that would suit us.


    1997- All Star Sports
    1998- Universal Studios
    1999- Renaissance Orlando Resort SeaWorld
    2000- Port Orleans
    2003- Pop Century
    2004- Days Inn International Drive
    2006- Give Kids The World
    2007- Cornado Springs
    2008- Disney Wonder
    2008- Fort Wilderness Cabins

  5. #25
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can finance through Disney.

    Lose points? Only if you don't bank the unused ones by your deadline each year. Not sure why anyone would want to do that? (Fail to bank, I mean).

    You can bank even a few points. Depending upon your use year (determined by the timeframe in which you purchase) you will have the schedule for banking all or part of your points. No reason not to know when they need to be banked.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Berkshire UK
    Posts
    5,026
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have booked our stay at AKV completely now - 18 nights in all, just need to add 3 nights at POR to the end of our trip now.

    Sometimes thoughts come into my head of seeing if I could get BWV or BCV at 7 months for some of the stay but I don't really fancy packing and unpacking 3 times and wasting precious Disney time. We'll see ...






    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47608
    Us too, Slowhand. We should have bought more back then, eh?

    I didn't mean to imply that you had to wait three years for a vist. I was explaining how you can use three years of points for an elaborate vacation.

    You can choose to use your points for yearly visits, multiple visits during the year, however you please!
    That's what we did for this years holiday, banked some of last years points to this use year, and borrowed from next use year.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48927
    You can finance through Disney.

    Lose points? Only if you don't bank the unused ones by your deadline each year. Not sure why anyone would want to do that? (Fail to bank, I mean).

    You can bank even a few points. Depending upon your use year (determined by the timeframe in which you purchase) you will have the schedule for banking all or part of your points. No reason not to know when they need to be banked.
    I managed that!. Only lost 12 points though. I can't even remember how I managed to mess it up though!

    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 52305
    We have booked our stay at AKV completely now - 18 nights in all, just need to add 3 nights at POR to the end of our trip now.

    Sometimes thoughts come into my head of seeing if I could get BWV or BCV at 7 months for some of the stay but I don't really fancy packing and unpacking 3 times and wasting precious Disney time. We'll see ...
    Welcome home, Lisaw! Have a lovely time!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  8. #28
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    28,650
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ooooh! Cathy! You can call and have them restored (but only right around the time when you've made the calculation error). Thank heaven it was only 12 points!

    If it ever happens again, ask for the one time only courtesy of having them reinstated so you can bank them.






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 54232
    Ooooh! Cathy! You can call and have them restored (but only right around the time when you've made the calculation error). Thank heaven it was only 12 points!

    If it ever happens again, ask for the one time only courtesy of having them reinstated so you can bank them.
    Thanks Tink!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •