Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Upgrades with Virgin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the number of miles needed for a one-way upgrade half the amount for a round-trip, or more?

Thanks. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 46007
    Is the number of miles needed for a one-way upgrade half the amount for a round-trip, or more?

Thanks. :)
    The short answer is Yes!
    Best of luck with trying to book one though. Sometimes the seats don`t become available until a couple of weeks before the actual flight, depending on the time of year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. :)

I don't think I want to wait that long before I book though!
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes if you are only upgrading one way then you only use half of the mileage amount.

The only time we have ever had any problems getting companion seats - which are classed the same as upgrades, is when we wanted them for the October half term.

Basically, VA are not releasing hardly any mileage seats during school holiday periods. You will normally find that there are seats available 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after a holiday period.

When I booked the seats for this December, because the children are being taken out of school, I was able to get 3 companion seats and 1 mileage upgrade.

I booked these as soon as the return date became available.

You can check to see what seats are available by logging into your account on the VA website and then putting in your dates. If you want a mileage upgrade or companion seat you need to select "use miles" and it will show you what is available. It will show you all the dates that are free. You can also see how much miles plus money fares will be and if there are any available.

The reason Terry is having problems with his seats is that there aren't many UC seats on the Orlando flight, so they tend to hold on to these as long as possible with the hope that people will pay for them. When it looks like they are going to be empty then they release them to club members for upgrades/companions.

Hope this helps

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Wendy, that's most helpful. :p015:

Basically, VA are not releasing hardly any mileage seats during school holiday periods. You will normally find that there are seats available 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after a holiday period.
    Ah, in that case we may have to gothe week before our anniversary as it usually falls in half-term unfortunately. :(

The reason Terry is having problems with his seats is that there aren't many UC seats on the Orlando flight, so they tend to hold on to these as long as possible with the hope that people will pay for them. When it looks like they are going to be empty then they release them to club members for upgrades/companions.
    Do you think if we managed to book PE upgrades to start with we could further upgrade one way to UC if they became available later?
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 46416

Do you think if we managed to book PE upgrades to start with we could further upgrade one way to UC if they became available later?
    To be able to upgrade an UC reward there needs to be a "G" class fare available. You will have already bought the qualifying fare in Economy to be able to upgrade to PE so I can't see that there would be a problem, but it might be worth checking with the flying club and ask them.

Their office number is 01293 562345 just ask for the Red Flying Club and they will put you through. It's cheaper than phoning the 0870 number.

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's very helpful, Wendy. Thanks a lot.
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 46423
    That's very helpful, Wendy. Thanks a lot.
    Glad I could help

You are looking at 2010 aren't you? We will be going back then in October, I loved MNSSHP and the F&WF. We might be there at the same time :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wendy, post: 46426

You are looking at 2010 aren't you? We will be going back then in October, I loved MNSSHP and the F&WF. We might be there at the same time :D
    I had been thinking we couldn't go until Oct but Pete said we can go for our 15th anniversary in February. How about an earlier trip for you? :D
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 46430
    I had been thinking we couldn't go until Oct but Pete said we can go for our 15th anniversary in February. How about an earlier trip for you? :D
    :( No, we won't be able to afford it, if Chris gets his wish

He is desperate to go away for his 50th next year, but unless he works all the overtime he can I can't see we will be able to afford to go and I don't want to go into debt for it :sigh; He really loved Hawaii and California when we went for my 40th and he so wants to go back, I just hope his wish comes true

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast