Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where were you?

Post Thanks / Like
    The weird thing I remember was just how beautiful a day weather wise it was. Just perfect weather, I thought how could something so terrible happen on such a beautiful day. I looked up in the blue sky to notice how clear it was, how unusually clear. Then I realized what was missing, contrail from the planes flying down the east coast. There weren't any. Not a plane in the sky. I live in a busy flyway area. We have an air force base (sent fighters up to defend the skies from the plane that went down in Pennsylvania) and a huge navy fighter base. And nothing was flying on the way home.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at work when it happened but didn't hear about it until I was walking home and met a neighbour. I rushed straight into the house and put Sky News on .... sat glued to the TV for hours in total dismay, listening and watching in horror as the days events unfolded.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at work...our company had gone out of business and two other women and I were closing up the building. We were listening to the radio and heard something about the Twin Towers....on woman pulled up the news on her computer and we watched it.
    We all went home.
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at work, which at the time was located right in the landing pattern at Dulles Airport. I had just come out of the computer room and walked to the guard desk where they had a TV on and had just announced that a small plane had flown into one of the twin towers. Then as we were watching the second plane flew in. So yes we saw it happen live. Then we stood there transfixed as the towers came tumbling down.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 46540
    You know? I can't even get through this thread without welling up with tears that overflow.
    snap Tink, I have been teary all day, my coworkers don't really understand i don't think:(

we had just moved to the US, i had just sat down with my breakfast after having done the school run. I saw it on CNN, i know what i had for lunch that day and then my life was a blur as Jon was whisked away, we didn't know where he was going or for how long. It was and will always remain a defining moment in my life it has changed everything that we know. I couldn't and still don't understand why anybody would want to do such a thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at work on break watching the tv in the break room......It wasn't until the second tower was hit that i could make my legs move and go tell our store manager what was happening. It was that night that we found out we had a loved one in tower 2. she had just gotten that job.....
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister called and woke me up...Jordan was just 4 and had been up sick most of the night. He had just started watching cartoons on PBS (probably the only station that kept to normal scheduling). I changed the channel in time to see the first tower fall.:( I tried not to watch much while Jordan was around because I didn't want him to see me so upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 46606
    The towers were backdrops for many movies and television shows. They used the image as an establishing shot. Now when I see those older movies, or television shows (many movies and shows have been post edited, but not all of them) I get so sad and then really really angry. I guess for many of us still feel some sort of wounding.
    Jordan and I were watching Godspell about a month ago and when suddenly the shot of the towers filled the screen. It was gut-wrenching. I had to stop the movie and compose myself.

"Always take a banana to a party." :banana1:

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in a shopping mall in Glasgow and people just seemed to be standing around looking very subdued so my friend and i asked a Security Guard was there something wrong and he told us what happened, we spent the rest of the day at my house in total shock and disbelief
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    I pulled into our drive just as Steve Wright (Radio DJ) announced he was getting reports that an aircraft had hit one of the WTC towers. I went upstairs, did the pregnancy test I'd just bought, came down to hear the second plane had just hit. From then on Me, my brother and my mum sat in stunned silence. DH was working at Charles De Gaulle airport at the time and he had no news coming through. All he knew was nothing was taking off and guessed something serious had happened. It wasn't until 10.30 that night that I suddenly remembered to tell him the pregnancy test was positive. Owen arrived the following April.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brit.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast