Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Where were you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at work in Snow Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center. Rm. 8 to be exact. I was in to get my first patient of the day, a very sweet elderly lady. The had the CBS morning show on and they were talking about the first plane that had hit. Then during the live shot, came the second plane. My patient, her roomate and I watched happen live. It was quite unbelieveable. I left early to pick Holly up from school. Chris' office closed early that day too.

On a side note, we had just returned from our first Disney trip. Holly had started kindergarten the day before, and it was Chris' and my first day back to work. He went to work that day wearing a Grumpy t-shirt. He never put it on again.
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Everything changed then Krista, we weren't the same as we were before. Reading all our shared experiences it is still very moving to think of the effects of the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had to steer clear of this thread all day while at work, as I didn't think I"d be able to work my way through it without breaking down...of course I was right.

*sigh*

Unlike other's, for me, in many ways, it seems like a lifetime ago...I was still living in Texas, running a nursery school. As I walked through the door, one of the teachers told me about the first plane...then, together we watched the second plane. The rest of the day was a blur...and the weeks after...

I am in awe of those aboard Flight 93...to this day...they inspire me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching the terror unfold live on TV . I can't believe its been seven years and they still have not caught that SOB . Don't even get me started ! :mad:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234