Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Friday

Post Thanks / Like
    the BBC state that it has been the wettest Jan-August ever - hopes of an Indian summer are fading.

XL has gone bust

The pound is in freefall

Economic depression looms large

....at least its friday

Post Thanks / Like
    Prices continue to climb here.
    Unemployment continues to rise.
    I'm headed home today. :D
    The weekend looms full of promis. :D :D
    The beach beckons. :D :D :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a big thunderstorm rolling in - I can hear it thundering!

The Aussie dollar is not doing so hot either :mad:

But :champers1:

I finished work in anticipation of my holidays today! :sigs-tv-010::sigs-tv-010:

The pizza is ordered, DH came home early, and the wine is chilling. :alc:

It's going to be a great weekend! :207:
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah Kazza! I love your Pizza Fridays! :D I live vicariously through them and can almost smell the luscious aroma of the pizza. (Spoken like a true dieter, eh)?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Always look on the bright side of life...........

Post Thanks / Like
    If we don't things get pretty dismal fast. It's tough out there, eh? If we don't reach for and hold onto the "glad" we end up stuck in the muck. :sigh;

It's been a rainy, poor summer in Florida (at least Central Florida) too. Not a good time for swimming, strolling Disney or beach going. But it's still Florida and the sun will come back, one day.

The economy truly scares me. Truly. I worry about personal finances, the rising cost of fuel and food (every time I go to the grocery, prices are up) health issues, you name it.

If I didn't have a streak of Pollyanna, I'd be done for.

Far better in my little world to be as cheerful as I can as often as I can. The alternative is good for no one.

Post Thanks / Like
    the sun will come out ...tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like
    If only in your heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank goodness it is Friday. My heart is heavy today and it could be the economic sittuation or the fact my MIL is coming round in the morning. I don't want to make light of people's circumstances but for me laughter and mirth help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sad with all this news today. I can't help but feel for all those people waking up to dreadful news. Another one of those 'Wish I had a magic wand' situations.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast