Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Town

Post Thanks / Like
    some of you remember me posting about a young woman with cancer . Her only wish was to take her little girl to WDW before she passed . Her wish was granted by many of us that put together bake sales, dinners & fundraisers . Her mother , her daughter and herself spent 10 magical days at WDW . We had enough money to buy everything they needed / I sadly learned that while I was at WDW, CiCi peacefully passed away with her family by her side . She was buried with the picture of herself and her little princess done over by the Bibbitiy Bobbiitty Boutique . RIP CiCi

Post Thanks / Like
    What wonderful memories you provided for that child. Rest peacefully, Cici. You deserve to be at peace now.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    What wonderful memories you helped create for that family, Tinker.

CiCi, rest in peace and free of pain, and know you were loved by many.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing this story, Tinker.

May you be at peace now CiCi and may you family find comfort in the joy you found....

Post Thanks / Like
    My last memory of CiCi was her walking the first lap/Relay For Life hand in hand with Barry, her DH and Krista, her sweet little girl . It was right after they returned from WDW and her doctors gave her the sad news that she was not going to live . Although, we all think she had come to that conclusion on her own . She was made honorary guest and walked to Wind Beneath My Wings . I cried watching her knowing it was the last time I'd see her attend our Relay For Life . Through it all... she smiled . I learned a lot from her . Her strength was moving .

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh G-d. I can't even read that without breaking down. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, Sister Tink ! No wonder I have been emotional since I got home .

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Tinker... What a touching story. I've never done the Relay for Life. As I lost my Dad to cancer, I know I should...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    what a touching story. Thank you for sharing it.

I think some people, although their life is short, are meant to be here to teach us a lesson about courage, humanity and love.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree, Johnie. Well said.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast