Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crock pot mac & cheese

Post Thanks / Like
    I have learned something new today. I never knew you could make mac & cheese in the crock pot. A friend of mine swears by this recipe. I Love Paula Deen. She uses butter mmmmmm :p Always trust a pudgy southern woman!

This is a Paula Deen Recipe.

2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni (an 8-ounce box isn't quite 2 cups)
    4 tablespoons (1/2 stuck) butter, cut into pieces
    2 1/2 cups (about 10 ounces) grated sharp Cheddar cheese
    3 eggs, beaten
    1/2 cup sour cream
    1 (10 3/4-ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup whole milk
    1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper

Boil the macaroni in a 2 quart saucepan in plenty of water until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain. In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts. In a slow cooker, combine cheese/butter mixture and add the eggs, sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper and stir well. Then add drained macaroni and stir again. Set the slow cooker on low setting and cook for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    4 tablespoons (1/2 stuck) butter, cut into pieces
    Now, exactly *how* does a "stuck" convert in American measurements? :wink:

Goodness that sounds yummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    that should be a stick

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow..that does sound good!!
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmm...it sounds mushy. I can't imagine the condition of the macaroni after being in a crock pot for three hours?

I have a confession to make. I'm not a Paula fan.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't like Paula? Her food is by no means healthy but it is good.

Post Thanks / Like
    No. Her food is way too sweet for me. I've tried a few of her recipes and I just don't care for them.

I like more of a southern cooking than her's, if that makes any sense? Collard, ham hocks, corn bread (no sugar thank you!) fried okra, that sort of stuff.

I don't know why, but I feel really bad for not liking her! :o She just doesn't do me, I guess. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    All I can see in your post right now Tink is fried okra...and this is what it sounds like in my brain right now...

FRIED OKRA FRIED OKRA FRIED OKRA FRIED OKRA I WANT FRIED OKRA!!!!!

And it's only 6:45 in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, wouldn't that be divine! Fried okra for breakfast. I haven't had it in years to be honest, but boy I sure do love the stuff.

(Fried okra, collard with ham... fried chicken... ). Better not go there!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't had it in forever either...and quite honestly wouldn't know the first thing about making it...(which is probably a good thing; self preservation in a sense ) My grandmother could fry a chicken that would make you cry...and her okra.... *sigh* My goodness I'd forgotten how much I love her cooking.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast