Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FL beach recommendations

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47911
    Ft. Myers Beach, I'm tellin' ya'. :D
    tink, how far away from orlando is ft myers, is it much further than clearwater?
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. It's southwest Florida, about 3-4 hours depending upon the route you take.

I've made it in 2 1/2 but I was driving at night on the back roads and going right along.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47967
    Yes. It's southwest Florida, about 3-4 hours depending upon the route you take.

I've made it in 2 1/2 but I was driving at night on the back roads and going right along.
    ok thx tink, wont bother going there then way to far, by the time you get there its time to come back
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh you could never do it as a day trip. Well, I mean you physically could of course, but it's not practical at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47969
    Oh you could never do it as a day trip. Well, I mean you physically could of course, but it's not practical at all.
    oh no not even gonna contemplate that

do you recommend anywhere better than clearwater around the same drive time?
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearwater is quite nice, Mick. I prefer Cocoa Beach, but that is solely because I am an Atlantic person, more than a Gulf person.

Much will depend upon what you are looking for in a beach experience? What do you and your family do when you go to the beach? Or rather, I should say what do you like to do or want to do?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48019
    Clearwater is quite nice, Mick. I prefer Cocoa Beach, but that is solely because I am an Atlantic person, more than a Gulf person.

Much will depend upon what you are looking for in a beach experience? What do you and your family do when you go to the beach? Or rather, I should say what do you like to do or want to do?
    weve been to both clearwater and cocoa, i prefer CW but i guess the kids would like CB for the body boarding
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    St. Pete's is nice and that would be a change for you. So is Tampa Bay.

On the east coast nearly all beaches are nice, it just truly depends upon what you want. I don't like Daytona, but that is my personal bias. Not a huge fan of Jax either.

Vero Beach (actually it's Orchid Island if we are talking Disney) is a perfect beach getaway for me, but that is because I am quite content to roam the beach and just laze about. There is NOTHING else there to do! Vero Beach the town is quiet and not a tourist place at all. Not that one couldn't stay there, but it's seriously snooze-ville.

New Smyrna Beach is pretty nice. Kind of middle of the road. However, they tend to have really strong currents (the man and son who were swept out to sea were just off New Smyrna) and a higher proporiton of shark encounters than any other Florida beach.

Satellite Beach is a sleeper, but very nice. It's just south of Patrick AFB.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast