Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody watching Ike coverage?

Post Thanks / Like
    The coverage of this hurricane has been incredible! I cannot believe that there are people who chose to ride out the storm in Galveston.... I'd feel more sorry for them if I didn't think they were crazy to stay..
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am, Krista, Ike is one monster of a storm . Idiots !!! I'd been gone .... sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    When the national weather service tells you you will face "certain death" if you stay...and you choose to stay anyway..:rolleyes008:
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    People are absolutely nuts.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought it was still a cat 2? Has it been upgraded?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know but that "certain death" quote has been all over the news today.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It was all over the news yesterday too..and can I tell you? I *love* NPR...but yesterday afternoon one of them was interviewing a meteorologist from Texas and she quoted the "certain death" advisory to him and then said, "What do you think that means?"

UM. What part of "certain death" confuses you?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just saw an update and the report said that Galveston is under water. Serious damage to homes, and property and the status of those who stayed is not known at this time.

Becca, you don't have any family in the path, do you? :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some extended family there...a second cousin who's a professor at a college down there...I did call my mom Thursday to inquire about he and his family and they had already started making plans to leave for Houston. I do have loads of family in Houston, which tends to flood easily, so I'm hoping Ike doesn't dump loads of rain on them, but I fear it may. :(

The important thing though is they are safe. Thanks for asking

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm afraid they are in for a bit of a rough time in Houston, if the news is correct. :( I'm sure they will be fine though. They'll take all precautions and stay safe. Try not to worry, ok? (Yeah, I know. That wins the award for the stupid comment of the day).

On a silly note, do you roll your eyes, experience palpitations, have a BP rise when someone says House-ton instead of HUE-ston? :D

I said House-ton "down there" once and was pretty entertained by the response. :D

I was going with Soho pronounciation, you know, South of HOUSE-ton street?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast