Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Has the disney dining plan ruined disney dining?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 48432
    That is one of the biggest problems I have with the restaurants in EPCOT. Now don't get me wrong, I like some of them, but too many of them have "dumbed" down or "Americanized" their food. I mean come on, let each country actually prepare the foods enjoyed in that country and if you don't like it you don't have to eat there.

Precisely why I don't dine at many of the TS venues, John. I know there are certain things I don't like (spices, food mixed together, etc.), so I don't book those venues. If I'm with Leu and it's a place she would like, I'll book it and request something plain--or make do with what's available. I may just eat bread, but I won't starve!

I would rather see the ethnic TS restaurants offer more authentic food and those of us who prefer different fare can dine elsewhere!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 48432
    That is one of the biggest problems I have with the restaurants in EPCOT. Now don't get me wrong, I like some of them, but too many of them have "dumbed" down or "Americanized" their food. I mean come on, let each country actually prepare the foods enjoyed in that country and if you don't like it you don't have to eat there..
    Oh don't get me started on the Rose and Crown menu. Vegetable curry is not traditional British food. :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    In 1989 I went to WDW with my cousin. We were in Epcot and looked round the Living Seas. On the way out we noticed this restaurant called the Coral Reef. Being partial to a bit of seafood we wandered up to the podium and asked about dinner that day. Got a choice of seating times there and then. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep. That's what we miss the most.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 48762
    In 1989 I went to WDW with my cousin. We were in Epcot and looked round the Living Seas. On the way out we noticed this restaurant called the Coral Reef. Being partial to a bit of seafood we wandered up to the podium and asked about dinner that day. Got a choice of seating times there and then. :sigh;
    Yep that`s typical of the "good old days" we referred to earlier.
    Sadly those days are now gone. :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember in '95 we got a table straight away for a character meal in Tony's Town Square Restaurant, It was Belles Homecoming celebration. :p015:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    would this still be an issue in Fewbruary - we often wanded up to restraunts last january and got in - doesn't look like free dining is being offered in Feb?

Post Thanks / Like
    You may be ok in some places. Places like Chef Mickey's and other very popular sites may not be available, but the lesser visited ones may be ok.

We've just given up on it though. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    chef mickeys we always book before we go anyway - but avaliablility was always ok whilst in florida if we have to book way out that will interfere somewhat with our slack approach to scheduling

Post Thanks / Like
    I really would book those places that are important to you. You may not have any problems while here in February, but even though the DDP isn't free, people still can and do buy it. That keeps the places more full than not.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast