Thread: Which is the best downtown disney resort?

Post Thanks / Like
    we're thinking about port orleans, old key west or saratoga springs. Has anyone stayed at all of these? which would be the nicest combination of close to downtown disney but really relaxing as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    I've stayed at SSR, OKW and visited my brother when he stayed at PO.

I love OKW. It's my home DVC. It is the largest, in terms of lodging and grounds and the most laid back. It has a great main pool, a very large secondary pool and some really nice quiet pools.

If I were to choose between those three, OKW would get it hands down each time.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47613
    If I were to choose between those three, OKW would get it hands down each time.
    Would you say OKW was a peaceful resort, relatively speaking of course. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely! It is laid back, quiet, lush and peaceful. I absolutely love returning there after a hectic day in the parks.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47697
    Absolutely! It is laid back, quiet, lush and peaceful. I absolutely love returning there after a hectic day in the parks.
    ...and it`s probably the only resort where you can park your car right outside your accommodation which is a huge plus IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    That too! A very huge plus. You sometimes can do that with SSR too, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47697
    Thank you. Sounds lovely. :)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    It does sound lovely . The first year we went to WDW, we somehow got loss between TL and DTD , I think we took the wrong bus or missed the bus . We ended up at OKW and took their boat to DTD and walked to our hotel on Hotel Plaza Blvd . It looked like a lovely resort from what I remember . If I were ever able to buy resale for DVC, it would be OKW .

Post Thanks / Like
    I have stayed in both the french quarter and riverside of the port orleans resort. I enjoyed them both.

The french quarter is much smaller than the riverside but that is not a bad thing. It is a very lovely resort. :p015: