Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Florida nil - California 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, TJ is not a great place to visit. :( I'd not recommend anyone going there.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.Ē ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48689
    Yes, TJ is not a great place to visit. :( I'd not recommend anyone going there.
    Definitely second Tink on that!

I know a number of people who visit various border towns (Tijuana is not one of them) several times a year for items that are a fraction of the cost across the border and they never have problems. However, they do confine their visits to specific areas and always travel in groups (usually at least two adult couples).

And there are wonderful resort areas in Mexico. I'm just not sure I would drive to any of them--it's too easy to land on the wrong side of the law. :(

Post Thanks / Like
    We are beginning to struggle with the planning of this trip. How can we stop ourselves comparing it to Florida? Already DH seems to be waning.

Post Thanks / Like
    The biggest issue tends to be that WDW is self-contained, as is US/IOA to a certain extent. And Orlando has grown up around the parks, rather than the parks being inserted into a fairly mature metropolitan area, as happened in the Los Angeles/Orange County areas. Granted, Anaheim was pretty small when Knott's Berry Farm opened and not a lot larger when Disneyland opened, but nearly all of the other attractions were added to mature cities. Universal Studios in California is built on an actual working movie/television lot, rather than built as an attraction.

So, distance tends to be a factor, as well as all the bits and bobs of information needed to make reservations for lodging, dining, etc.

Basically, you can't compare the experiences. They are different. You do have to make more of an effort to have a good experience in southern California, as it's so spread out. But it can be a wonderful experience!

Do you subscribe to the MouseSavers newsletter, Claire? The person who publishes it moved to the western US (I'm thinking Colorado) a year or two ago, so it now contains more information for Disneyland/CA than it used to.

Also, check into the--hmmmmm....trying to remember what it's called. It's a pass that includes two or three days at Disneyland/CA, a day each at San Diego Zoo and Sea World, and possibly a day at Knott's Berry Farm. I'm adding it to my research list!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your talking about a City Pass Taja. www.citypass.com we used this for NYC.

5 Famous
    Southern California Attractions $247.00
    a $356.00 value
    $199 for kids
    (click for price details)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Southern California CityPass concept is simple: A booklet contains admission to world-famous theme parks at combined savings of 30%. Thatís right, you pay only $247 (for a $356 value)!

The Southern California CityPass is different from all other CityPass programs. Rather than a single city, Southern California CityPass includes the most famous theme parks in the Southern California region, from Hollywood to San Diego. You will have 14 days to take full advantage of your access to six days of fun with these tickets:

3-Day Disneyland Resort Park Hopper Bonus Ticket: valid for back-and-forth admission to both Disneyland Park and Disney's California Adventure Park; also includes one Magic Morning early Disneyland park entry (on Sat, Sun, Tues, or Thurs)
    Universal Studios Hollywood: one-day general admission
    SeaWorld: one-day general admission including all shows
    Option Ticket: Choose to visit either the San Diego Zoo: one-day Best Value admission package including unlimited use of Guided Bus Tour
    OR San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park: one-day Best Value admission package which includes the Journey into Africa Tour, Conservation Carousel, and all shows and exhibits

Inside each booklet are directions, hours, insider tips and theme park information. Also, you'll find helpful information about Anaheim Resort Transitís easy and convenient connections between Anaheim Hotels and Resorts, and Southern California Gray Line with daily service to Universal Studios, SeaWorld and The San Diego Zoo.

CityPass is available for purchase here on CityPass.com. We will ship booklets to your door. CityPass is also available for the same low price at the box office of each of the attractions included in the program.

More than four million people have used CityPass to visit attractions throughout North Americain 2007. Surveys report 99% of CityPass users would recommend them to their friends and family. Read customer reviews to see what CityPass users have to say about their Southern California CityPass experience.

Southern California CityPass is the ultimate sunny California vacation experience. There are thrill rides, wild animals, cartoon creatures, castles, whales, movie sets, television sound stages, entertainment, restaurants and shopping for all ages to enjoy. Consider pairing a Southern California CityPass with the Hollywood Walk of Fame CityPass to add celebrity star power to your theme park vacation. Click to purchase your Southern California CityPass.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12