Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Old Key West?

  1. #11
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48545
    As you can tell, I love talking about OKW.
    Another question then. :D

    I've read that building 64 has no carpark. So then, would that be a good choice if travelling without car as it might be quieter there?
    [CENTER]







  2. #12
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MystikPiglit, post: 48591
    Another question then. :D

    I've read that building 64 has no carpark. So then, would that be a good choice if travelling without car as it might be quieter there?
    My resort map only shows buildings up to no.56. Bldg 64 must be a later addition.
    The lower number buildings are nearer to the Hospitality House and main pool/shop etc.
    OKW is a quiet resort overall so I doubt whether noise will be a major issue wherever you stay to be honest.





  3. #13
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, good to know :)
    [CENTER]







  4. #14
    Senior Member Watchinherskip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Virginia USA
    Posts
    3,792
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 47749
    You'll be fine! We never move the car once we've checked in. You'll have a golf cart (one of the large ones) transport with bell services to your villa. After than you take the internal buses (each bus stops at the HH on it's way out, so you can hop any bus to get there) to move around the resort if you wish (we walk, we like to walk).

    Bus service to every where else is just fine! It's convenient and timely.
    Don't they still have a boat to DTD? We took the boat from POFQ to DTD and a boat to OKW to Oliva's for dinner one night. From what I saw of it, it was a lovely resort. Great lighthouse to take pictures nearby.










  5. #15
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Staffordshire U.K.
    Posts
    5,851
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Watchinherskip, post: 48626
    Don't they still have a boat to DTD? We took the boat from POFQ to DTD and a boat to OKW to Oliva's for dinner one night. From what I saw of it, it was a lovely resort. Great lighthouse to take pictures nearby.
    Yep they do have the boat and it is a very pleasant journey too.





  6. #16
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds lovely. :)
    [CENTER]







  7. #17
    Administrator Tink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    15 minutes (or so) North of WDW
    Posts
    27,941
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I don't know about a building 64? The only real noise we ever noticed was the time (on Miller's Road) when we had a villa directly across from the bus stop. We did hear the buses.

    I would ask for a villa toward the back to ensure quiet. Sometimes those that border the main road are a little affected by the passing cars, trucks, buses, etc.

    If you are in South Pointe, you'll only hear the bunnies. :D :D






    Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

  8. #18
    Senior Member MystikPiglit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norfolk.
    Posts
    6,481
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48681
    I would ask for a villa toward the back to ensure quiet. Sometimes those that border the main road are a little affected by the passing cars, trucks, buses, etc.

    If you are in South Pointe, you'll only hear the bunnies. :D :D
    Thanks. :)

    and

    Awwwww..... :)
    [CENTER]







Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •