Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Publix Special Order Cakes

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped into Publix today and asked about their special order cakes. Prices were not available, as so much seems to depend upon the end product. I did notice that a 1/4 sheet cake that is already decorated (with room for writing) cost $19.99.

So, here's the deal:

Cake sizes: 1/4 sheet (serves 20)
    1/2 sheet (serves 40)
    3/4 sheet (serves 60)
    full sheet ( serves 80)
    8" (serves 10)
    7" (serves 8)
    Other

Cake Flavor: Chocolate
    Half and Half
    Marble
    Vanilla
    Carrot
    Red Velvet
    Other

Filling: Vanilla Custard
    Chocolate Pudding
    Cherry
    Lemon
    Fresh Strawberries
    German Chocolate
    Pineapple
    Raspberry
    Cannoli
    Other

Icing: Buttercream
    Whipped Topping
    Fudge
    Cream Cheese
    Other

Flowers: Daisies
    Roses
    Sunflowers
    Other

You can have other things (toys, ect.) put on the cake, and of course have greetings, wishes, ect. written on too.

Personalized Images are $8 additional, and you must choose at least the 1/4 sheet cake for that option.

The do ice cream cakes too.

They need roughly 4 days to 1 week for special orders (especially if choosing the carrot or red velvet cake).

I don't know what encompasses "other!"

These cakes are in addition to the wedding cakes that they also do, but I'm sure if you wanted one of these for a wedding it would be fine (simple, but fine).

The sheet cakes are two layer, and very good. I've had them before for special events. We are very partial to chocolate with raspberry filling and chocolate whipped cream topping. However, vanilla with lemon filling and buttercream frosting sounds quite nice too, as does anything with cannoli filling!

Publix does have a round sugar free cake (two sizes). It's either vanilla or chocolate, and quite nice! They will not write on it though, as the icing for writing is not sugar free.

So, there you go!

Side note, do NOT use the Publix at Orange Lake (west 192) if ordering the cake. (Or anything really). This used to be my favorite "near WDW" Publix, but after the experience I had there today, I'll not go in again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. The one further west (and of course the Premium Outlet Publix) are the ones closest to Disney that I recommend.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Great information - thanks Tink! :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Meant to add that they have a limited selection of cakes, ice cream cakes and VERY elaborate fancy cakes on offer in a given Publix. So there is usually something available even without specially ordering it. "My" local Publix has the most incredible fancy cakes!

Having had Publix and WDW specialty cakes I can honestly say they are both equally as good. Publix is less expensive, but more inconvenient to obtain.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU!!!

I would assume I don't have to be "present" to order? I should be able to phone them up, tell them what I want and give them my payment details over the phone, yes?

Thanks again for the information!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I believe you will be fine. As I recall, you don't pay until you get there. However, if you wanted the photo on it, I'm not sure how that could be done long distance?

How long are you going to be here? If you went in on your very first day would you have time to have it ordered for delivery before you left?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48187
    Yes, I believe you will be fine. As I recall, you don't pay until you get there. However, if you wanted the photo on it, I'm not sure how that could be done long distance?

How long are you going to be here? If you went in on your very first day would you have time to have it ordered for delivery before you left?
    We arrive on the 24th, his birthday is on the 27th...so that *might* work...perhaps I'll ring them up tomorrow and ask them if that would be enough lead time...

NOOOOOOOOOW to decide on what flavor :D :D

Post Thanks / Like
    perhaps you could fax the picture , oh, wait, then it would be Black & White ?

Post Thanks / Like
    24th of September?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes ma'am...we arrive on the 24th of September...birthday on the 27th :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I'll bet if you call head and confirm it they'll be able to do it for you. Maybe you could copy the photo and send it ahead to them?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast