Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I got some new shoes on...

Post Thanks / Like
    Keen gets a lot of good reviews over on a very large board.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48302
    Thanks for the explanation. I have heard of this of course, just didn't know exactly what it was.

Good that the right footwear helps though. I have a terrible time finding shoes that fit properly, give good support and don't contribute to my tripping. :sigh;
    I've never found a shoe anywhere that helps stop me tripping over....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Some shoes make it easier for me to trip. I have to be careful with the sole choice and toe design, if that makes any sense? Of course, I tend to have some trouble with my Crocs in this area too. Sometimes they "stick" and that makes me stumble. With no balance, stumbles can lead to an outright fall. Not something I relish doing very regularly.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard of Keen, but never worn them. They do get good reviews, though.

After three surgeries on my left foot and two on my left ankle, I'm pretty much stuck with shoes that are very supportive if I'm walking for any length of time. New Balance has been the best so far. I do wear Birks at home, even when running errands for an hour or two. Bare feet don't work for me, either. The minute my left foot has serious contact with a hard surface, I'm just about ready to scream! Well, not quite scream these days, but I do begin limping and favouring it, as there is nerve damage and it can be painful.

Have the same issue with some shoes tripping me up, Tink. It's trial and error, isn't it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, it is. I've always had a miserable time finding stylish shoes that fit. Fortunately, early on in my life I decided that stylish wasn't worth it and I went with the weird, but who cares it's comfortable shoe.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48576
    Yes, it is. I've always had a miserable time finding stylish shoes that fit. Fortunately, early on in my life I decided that stylish wasn't worth it and I went with the weird, but who cares it's comfortable shoe.
    That's pretty much where I am these days.

But, occasionally I do miss my shoe collection and suffer tiny pangs of envy when I see a particularly lovely pair of shoes! :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    I never could wear dainty pretty shoes, so no envy. But I do see some that are really neat and enjoy them as works of art.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll have to change my viewpoint and do the same!

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked with another therapist I work with today, who is a tri-athlete and has done the Disney marathon several times, and she LOVES her Keens.. So I'm feeling pretty good about my shoe choice!:D
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12