Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got some new shoes on...

Post Thanks / Like
    I did a bit of running around with my Mom this afternoon, picking up the last few bit and bobs we need for the trip. And one of these stops included a shoe store.

I've been having problems with the heel on my left foot for a few weeks now. I know what the problem is. And I know how to treat it, having treated many patients with the same issue over the past couple of years. Its plantar fasciitis.

So...good bye Crocs (for now) and hello good walking shoes... These are what I bought...http://zapp.me/z7366296

Anybody ever wear Keen? I've not hear of them until today. But so far, I like them very much...
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    that is really painful, my mum and a friend have suffered from that. I hope they give you some comfort, i do like comfortable shoes- never have been able to wear anything dainty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not heard of them either, but they look pretty comfortable.

What exactly is platar fasciitis? And why can't you wear Crocs with it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I suffer from the very same condition and I live in Birkenstocks, my crocs are OK for a short time but I certainly know it if I have worn them for more than a couple of days at a time. It's a major relief to get my Birks back on.

Those look comfy though luvthemouse :p015:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by luvthemouse, post: 48192
    I know what the problem is. And I know how to treat it, having treated many patients with the same issue over the past couple of years. Its plantar fasciitis...
    I've had that about three times now. The longest period being over a year! Fingers crossed, I haven't suffered from it for over a year now and I don't want it back :(
    So, I feel your pain, really I do and you need lots of So...here's another

Post Thanks / Like
    DH has one, Krista . He wears New Balance and believe it or not bought Crocs at Universal . I almost fell over . I bought cotton candy colored mickey mouse mary jane crocs at Pop Century .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48196
    I've not heard of them either, but they look pretty comfortable.

What exactly is platar fasciitis? And why can't you wear Crocs with it?
    Tink it's the inflammation of the ligament type thing (sorry i am no doctor ) that stretches from the heel to the middle of the foot, causing pain in the underside of the heel and the arch.

Mine was caused by going on a very long walk in inappropriate shoes :rolleyes008: that was over 3 years ago and I still suffer pain now if i wear anything over than Birkenstocks for any period of time, all the time I am wearing them I have no pain at all. I tend to even wear them around the house as bare feet is a no-no as I can feel the tension in my arches.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lisaw, post: 48217
    Tink it's the inflammation of the ligament type thing (sorry i am no doctor ) that stretches from the heel to the middle of the foot, causing pain in the underside of the heel and the arch.
    Good explination!! Mine came from wearing really bad (but very cute) shoes at work for a couple of years. Then since I started working in the main hospital building, I'm on my feet for hours. I wear New Balance for work, but at home I was either barefoot, or in flip flops. Now, the pain is worse when I wear my flip flops, so I've had to give them up too. I just really needed to go with something that gives me good support. These seem to be doing the trick.

To be perfectly honest, my weight really doesn't help matters either..:(
    Krista

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] But there's this one particular harbor..sheltered from the wind...where the children play on the shore each day and all are safe within...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Krista I hope you don't have problems at WDW with all the walking . If so, right in front of the main lobby of your resort, there are now ECV's for rent . Nice ones with canopies . Chris can push Bryce and you can wheel yourself .

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the explanation. I have heard of this of course, just didn't know exactly what it was.

Good that the right footwear helps though. I have a terrible time finding shoes that fit properly, give good support and don't contribute to my tripping. :sigh;

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast