Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: which resort has the best busses?

Post Thanks / Like
    not as daft as it sounds I dont mean the nicest looking or comfiest I mean is there a resort that has fast transportation to all the parks? every one I look at seems to be good for some but bad for others

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no one perfect hotel transortation wise as most are in the vicinity of one park which will obviously mean fast transpotation to that park and a bit of a drive to the other - I wouldn't pick your hotel due to transport though I would do that according to budget - TBH no park is more than 20 minutes or so drive from any hotel.

I suppose if you want the most central maybe PO or CB are closes to the middle I may however be hallucinating

Post Thanks / Like
    The bus service at Coronado Springs is excellent. :thumbs_up:
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Buses are generally very good, very reliable transport. I know I would have been quite grateful for a decent bus during our last stay (at the Poly). The monorails were having horrid problems and we were left waiting forever (it seems) on several different occassions.

Once we had to get off the monorail (at the TTC, so no huge deal) because it wouldn't "start."

So, no real guarantees on any form of transport, but the buses are much easier to reroute when there is a problem.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember when we went to WL that the bus service was pretty awful but I'm certain that has been rectified and it's supposed to be a lot better
    OMG I've just realised that was 10 years ago. It must have got better by now

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the same buses are used regardless of the type of resort--no class system!

Quite honestly, I found the bus service to be slightly better at the value and moderate resorts than the deluxe resorts (haven't used them at DVC resorts). That could be a matter of perception, with me just missing one bus and the next one running slightly late due to traffic or other issues.

Now, at park closing, the queues for the value and moderate resorts are a gazillion times longer than those for the deluxe resorts. They also operate more buses to the value and moderate resorts to help keep the mass of humanity flowing as quickly as possible.

Have to agree that CBR and POR/POFQ seem to have the most central location of the moderates, although CSR didn't require much time to reach any of the four main parks or DTD. Pop Century is the most centrally located of the value resorts; the All Star Resorts are nearest AK.

The main reason 60 to 90 minutes transit time is recommended if you need to be somewhere at a specific time is the possibility of just missing one bus--or it's full--and having to wait for the next one, as well as actually entering the park. Actual transit (bus) time is about 20 to 25 minutes for the park destinations farthest from the resort origination.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, WDW is about the size of a small town--47 square miles or so, if I remember correctly. A resort always will be closer to one or two parks than others.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been astonished before at how crowded the buses are for some Deluxe resorts! For example the BWI/V resort bus travels to the S/D and sometimes the Y/B!

I've never had that happen on a value resort bus.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48705

I've never had that happen on a value resort bus.
    However I have been like this....

on a bus to Pop and ASM on many an occasion

Post Thanks / Like
    You have NOT! You've had to wait maybe, but never hung off the back!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast