Thread: visit the wedding pavilion?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can we? can we just go there and get in to take some photos assuming there's no wedding going on of course

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 48636
    Can we? can we just go there and get in to take some photos assuming there's no wedding going on of course
    Yes you sure can. It`s also quite a nice stroll from the GF. We were there earlier this year and there was a wedding going on with all the trimmings...Cinderella`s Coach etc.etc. It was nice taking photos of the horses and footmen, chatting to them while we awaited the newly weds to appear.

Obviously when a wedding is taking place then you are not allowed to cross the bridge to enter the pavillion, but apart from that it`s available to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure if the chapel is open inside, but you can take pictures outside . There is also a wedding showcase area that I saw while staying at The Poly . Right next to the chapel . Again I didn't go in, but it looked to me like there were different flower arrangements, cakes , and attire . May be what is shown to prospective bride and grooms . If open, I'm sure they would allow you to take a pic or two . Go to the MK and take the monorail or boat to the GF . We quite often take a break from the parks and resort hop .

Post Thanks / Like
    Terry, there was a wedding going on when Jim and I were trying to get to the GF spa from the Poly . We, too, got to take pics of Cinderellas coach / horses . Dressed in our gym attire we weren't sure what to do . We had to pass the chapel . Luckily , a CM , directed us around the porch of the showcase area I spoke of above and we snuck out the other side unnoticed .

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually (and as always perspective is a matter of personal opinion) the best photos are from the outside of the Pavilion (with the exception of the castle viewed through the window over the altar area). The interior is stark white and drab as can be. It's done that way to accommodate all belief systems, but the only prettiness comes with the decorations the couple may choose.

So, even if you can't get inside, you've not missed much!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There is also a great view of the castle through a rose covered archway just to the right of the main pavillion.
    This is the obvious location for the wedding photographer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep! That's a beautiful area too. I totally like the outside better than the undecorated interior.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle