Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: are cruises expensive?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive always thought they would be but now I wonder if theyre much more expensive than staying in a decent resort for the same week?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by disney1sttimer, post: 48637
    Ive always thought they would be but now I wonder if theyre much more expensive than staying in a decent resort for the same week?
    If you go onto the DCL website you will be able to see the costs for yourself and make a judgement disney1sttimer. The cheapest option is obviously an inside cabin.

When you consider that you are "full board" and all soft drinks/coffee, not to mention the entertainment etc. are free [on DCL anyhow], then personally I reckon they are really good value for money compared with some of the better resorts.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are certain travel agencies that offer group rates at very good prices if you don't mind staying in an inside stateroom . And as Slowhand stated above , considering
    everything except alcohol is included, I don't think so .
    If you ever consider doing one and want a website to group rates, feel free to PM me .

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people are best suited to an inside stateroom, too. Those who have motion sickness issues will do best in an inside mid-ship stateroom, so keep that in mind.

Another thing to remember is aboard ship (more than anywhere I'd say) you really don't spend any time other than sleeping and getting "ready" for the next event, so having an inside stateroom is practical as well.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 48683
    Some people are best suited to an inside stateroom, too. Those who have motion sickness issues will do best in an inside mid-ship stateroom, so keep that in mind.
    Hmmm, not 100% sure about this Tink.
    I was told that one of the best ways to avoid the effects of sea sickness was to view the horizon.
    Also on DCL, some of the inside staterooms are just across the corridor from the outside rooms so the location shouldn`t have too much of an effect IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like
    Had the doc and several TAs tell me that. We have motion sick people in the family and they go with the advice. Viewing the horizon is the worst thing as it bobs with the waves.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooops, meant to add, as with everything, I'm sure it doesn't apply to everyone!

Post Thanks / Like
    I recall on one of our cruises Tink the sea was really rough [we were told that up to then it was the worst experienced by most of the crew...just our luck!], and my DW along with many others was feeling really rough.
    The ability to go out onto the verandah to get some fresh air sure helped in her case, even though it was too dark to see the horizon clearly at the time, so that theory couldn`t be put to the test.
    The fresh air did help though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh I'm sure fresh air would be a great help! We only ever had one really rough bout, and it was in the early part of the evening, so we could just wander here and there where we pleased. Didn't bother me a bit, but did make Herself feel a bit icky. She kept moving though, and took some Dramamine and even though it was after the fact, it seemed to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never been bothered by that in an inside stateroom . The bobbing rocked me to sleep . It was when I was fully awake , walking about the ship and dinners that I felt nausous on erough seas .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast