Thread: Room quality?

Do you think you are given better room in the resorts if you book direct with Disney, rather than through a travel company such as Virgin or BA?
    [CENTER]

Oh geez, now that I can't help you with.

I've only ever booked through Virgin so I have no comparison. Anyone else any thoughts?
    [CENTER]

As far as I can tell, the rooms within each category at each resort are pretty much identical. The categories are defined pretty clearly, in terms of view and/or location.

That said, it's possible that tour operators book blocks of rooms, which may include non-refurbished rooms if a resort is operating while under renovation. I don't know about those companies and/or WDW in particular, but I do know it happens with some US tour operators in other locations.

I wouldn`t have though that it makes any difference.
    Obviously the tour companies block off a number of rooms but the actual room`s location itself is governed by the resorts occupancy at the time ....if that makes sense!

I agree - no difference and TBH I have always had a conversation with the check in chappie if they are amenable to try and get a good view etc at the time and they offer best avaliable from their screen.

However I have been told that sometimes the brits don't get the best rooms like at AKL as we tend to be there for 2 weeks at a time - the thought s are that a 'good view room' is better on being taken by 7 peoplr staying 2 nights than 1 family for 14

Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 48716
    the thought s are that a 'good view room' is better on being taken by 7 peoplr staying 2 nights than 1 family for 14
    That's interesting. Shame for Brits but good marketing for Disney.
    [CENTER]