Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to eat Christmas Day

Post Thanks / Like
    Due to a complete mix up on my part and me cancelling the wrong ressie, we are supposed to be going to Citricos on Christmas Day - I think I have made the wrong decision though :sigh;

As much as I would like to eat somewhere nice I just can't seem to justify in my mind spending $63 plus tax and gratuity for a fixed price menu, especially when it hasn't been decided what it will be yet We will have the DDE card or whatever it will be called then but I just don't know

So short of cooking a traditional Christmas at the house where we are staying does anyone have any ideas of where to go or what to do.

I know I am mad, but I want to go to the MK on Christmas morning and we do plan to get there early and I have a breakfast ressie already booked.

Other than that I'm easy, but I really don't want counter service.

Has anyone ever had a turkey dinner on Christmas Day?

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy I can't help you with a place to go as we have never been there for Christmas. But, your DDE card CANNOT be used on holidays. :(

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 49170
    Wendy I can't help you with a place to go as we have never been there for Christmas. But, your DDE card CANNOT be used on holidays. :(
    ah yes very good point John I always forget that :(

Im looking for somewhere in early-mid december which will do a nice turkey dinner style but I'm not holding much hope :/ I didn't really find anything for christmas day when I was there last

I did have a nice thanksgiving day dinner at the Yachtsmans though
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to stay in MK...the closest thing to a turkey diner will be LTT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John, I completely forgot all about the DDE card and the holidays :rolleyes008: I really am not thinking straight at all :sigh;

I have crossed 11 things off my list today but there are just as many things still left to sort out :(

I really don't know what to do Diane, I would like to go to MK at least for the morning and then I don't mind. Anything in the MK will be booked up now and to be honest I don't think I stand much change of picking up an ADR anyway

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wendy...you could always ring and ask....you may hit lucky for a cancellation. They can only say no

Post Thanks / Like
    How about trying something like Cape May. I know you are not into shellfish, but one year for the holidays they added turkey, gravy and dressing (among other selections) to their holiday buffet.

Of course, along with not being able to use the DDE card, WDW raises it's food prices (particularly buffets) at the holidays.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 49193
    Wendy...you could always ring and ask....you may hit lucky for a cancellation. They can only say no
    They have been about 6 times today Oh thank goodness for free international calls

Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 49194
    How about trying something like Cape May. I know you are not into shellfish, but one year for the holidays they added turkey, gravy and dressing (among other selections) to their holiday buffet.

Of course, along with not being able to use the DDE card, WDW raises it's food prices (particularly buffets) at the holidays.

We have fallen for the extra cost with the buffets, these are the ones that the girls want to do :rolleyes008: I really must get out the rules for the DDE card if I can find them. I'm wondering whether it's even worth getting one, as we are eating onsite more, but if the card can't be used it will be a waste of $50 or however much it is now

I think your idea is sounding better by the minute Tink, I'll cook my own turkey dinner :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Really. Publix will have everything you need, and in small quantities too. You could go to MK in the morning and return in the afternoon to a relaxing afternoon and a lovely Christmas night dinner.

I really think that is the best idea, but then I'm a huge fan of saving what could literally be a hundred dollars! You can even get very nice little tarts and small pies in Publix.

Yes, check and see what the blackout dates are for the DDE. Makes no sense to purchase it if you can't use it. It's $60 now with an AP I believe.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Hhhmm I wonder if I can take in a Chrismtas pudding and Christmas cake with me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast