Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not allowed to decorate window any more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just been reading on another forum that if you decorate your window in a disney resort they tell you to either take it down or youll be charged $25 a day for cleaning

I suppose people left a mess after they left but this will really depress us if we cant decorate at christmas

has anyone here had that experience

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't decorate so no. I did hear that as well. But, I thought it was for those who were using chalk and whatnot on the windows.

Post Thanks / Like
    could you not simply put some tinsel or something about the place? Instead of drawing on windows?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I always put a pink flamingo in my window so I remember what room I'm in. I hope they don't make me put him away

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to have to check this out.

I was planning on a string of lights and some stars in December.

I have a feeling some people did not remove their decorations, or if they did they used non-removable adhesives or put holes in the walls. That's a lot of work for WDW staff!

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it would be more sensible to say that a cleaning charge would be applied if you leave the room window a mess that way they dont stop people having fun. decorated windows is a disney thing and it will be awful if everything is blank over christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see them charging a fee after the fact if people did damage or not clean up. I don't think it's fair to charge everyone a fee.

I take it back. I did put Valentine's Day window clings on our room window when we stayed at AKL. No one said a word about it then and I did take them off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Charging a cleaning fee after the fact might be a bit difficult for those of us who don't pay with credit cards.

They could, however, have a $25 refundable cleaning fee--a bit like renting an apartment! If the room is left in good condition, they would refund the fee in the same manner it was paid (credit card, cash/check, etc.).

That's getting into a lot of administrative headaches for WDW, though. They would have to have someone do a quick inspection of rooms as they're vacated then notify the appropriate department to refund or not, with documentation (photos) if the room is not in good condition. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    That's why they go with blanket decisions like "no decorating allowed." :sigh;

I don't know if it's true, but I too have heard it.
    Life is fragile. Each day really does matter. Live, live, live! Remember to love and let love, too.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 49556
    I always put a pink flamingo in my window so I remember what room I'm in. I hope they don't make me put him away
    :rolleyes008orothy why wouldnt you remeber what room your`e in
    Jacqui xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast