Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not allowed to decorate window any more?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just been reading on another forum that if you decorate your window in a disney resort they tell you to either take it down or youll be charged $25 a day for cleaning

I suppose people left a mess after they left but this will really depress us if we cant decorate at christmas

has anyone here had that experience

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't decorate so no. I did hear that as well. But, I thought it was for those who were using chalk and whatnot on the windows.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    could you not simply put some tinsel or something about the place? Instead of drawing on windows?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I always put a pink flamingo in my window so I remember what room I'm in. I hope they don't make me put him away

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm going to have to check this out.

I was planning on a string of lights and some stars in December.

I have a feeling some people did not remove their decorations, or if they did they used non-removable adhesives or put holes in the walls. That's a lot of work for WDW staff!

Post Thanks / Like
    i think it would be more sensible to say that a cleaning charge would be applied if you leave the room window a mess that way they dont stop people having fun. decorated windows is a disney thing and it will be awful if everything is blank over christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    I can see them charging a fee after the fact if people did damage or not clean up. I don't think it's fair to charge everyone a fee.

I take it back. I did put Valentine's Day window clings on our room window when we stayed at AKL. No one said a word about it then and I did take them off.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Charging a cleaning fee after the fact might be a bit difficult for those of us who don't pay with credit cards.

They could, however, have a $25 refundable cleaning fee--a bit like renting an apartment! If the room is left in good condition, they would refund the fee in the same manner it was paid (credit card, cash/check, etc.).

That's getting into a lot of administrative headaches for WDW, though. They would have to have someone do a quick inspection of rooms as they're vacated then notify the appropriate department to refund or not, with documentation (photos) if the room is not in good condition. :sigh;

Post Thanks / Like
    That's why they go with blanket decisions like "no decorating allowed." :sigh;

I don't know if it's true, but I too have heard it.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorothy, post: 49556
    I always put a pink flamingo in my window so I remember what room I'm in. I hope they don't make me put him away
    :rolleyes008orothy why wouldnt you remeber what room your`e in
    Jacqui xxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast