Thread: 'The American Dream'

Post Thanks / Like
    For my english coursework at college, i have to write a 500-1,000 word essay on 'The American dream'.
    It hasn't been told what form it has to be in, so I quite liked the idea of doing a series of diary entries... but I can't find any information on 'the american dream' there's a bit on wikipedia but not enough for me to get a good essay written out of it!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the idea of diary entries - very original.

Firstly though you need to define what you see as being The American Dream.

Is this an English or a History paper?

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a read of this article. May be of some help.

http://www.americansc.org.uk/online/American_Dream.htm

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the diary entry take on it too.

I don't think you can define the American Dream in a neat little synopsis. It is so many different things. It's a way of life. It's hope. It's knowing that you can come from the bleakest of circumstances and with a lot of hard work and a little luck, you can make yourself into anything you want to be. It's so many different things to people.

My American Dream is that I can live freely and openly, express my views without fear, know that I have am an active member in our voting process, beleive whatever I want about anything and it is ok. It is protected.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    It's just an english essay. it doesn't have to be historically correct, Thanks for those links i've looked through them for information and made a start.
    I've done a diary entry from two diaries, One from a Mexican moving to new york in the hope of fame and riches, and the other of someone from New york moving to Ireland to escape from america in fear of his life (terrorist threats ext)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like

For me , I am thinking the American dream is both Pamela Anderson and ze peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, she is one luvery lady and they are one delicious tastytreat. Jus be riting dat joshmifriend and you will be not so wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I've ever laughed so hard over a post on the internet! thanks chris
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    You've got it right Josh. America is nothing if not a land of immigrants. Speak to the dream via several different representations of ethnic groups and you'll have a worthy college level essay.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle